Comparative Literature Extended Essay

louiseffron

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the process of writing my EE and am doing a comparative study on two anti-war novels of WWII.

My exact question is: "How and to what effect do Joseph Heller and Kurt Vonnegut use black humour to satirise free will within Catch 22 and Slaughterhouse 5?"

I'm at the point of finalising most of my research but am very concerned that everything I'm looking at might be completely useless and won't actually help me write the essay when it comes down to it. So, what I am hoping is that someone on here can provide some insight on what to research and think about in order to ensure that the research doesn't prove completely useless and what to look into to within each novel in order to better compare/contrast them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Hi Louis! Any chance you used to live in HK? 

I'd be happy to help you.  Can we start by giving me more information on your research?  Perhaps send me your notes? I can give you better feedback that way rather than tell you what to do.

Cheers,

Rob