so I've been thinking lots about what to do for my ee, and I was really interested in doing film, but they don't teach it at my school. I was wondering if there are any helpful textbooks for basic film studies or anything for the question i was planning to do, "How does the development of special effects, such as cgi and greenscreen, impact intergenerational appreciation for movies?" Even my question needs a little work, so if there's any other questions that can be made from a topic like this, that would be great.

• murrynay changed the title to Film EE

Hi,

I would strongly suggest you do not undertake Film Studies for your EE. As a former English and ToK teacher, MYP and DP Coordinator, university counselor and principal of IB schools, students I worked with did their EE in their HL subjects only, unless there were special circumstances. For example, if a student wanted to do a Psychology EE, but weren't taking Psych, they needed to show a genuine and sustained interest in the subject and had read widely: essentially, had a base already built. 

EEs score well when written in a subject you are passionate about.  Is that Film? If so, I can offer more support including materials to get you started.  Reach out if you want to know more.

Cheers,

Rob

• 2 years later...
On 6/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, IBPRO said:

Hi,

I would strongly suggest you do not undertake Film Studies for your EE. As a former English and ToK teacher, MYP and DP Coordinator, university counselor and principal of IB schools, students I worked with did their EE in their HL subjects only, unless there were special circumstances. For example, if a student wanted to do a Psychology EE, but weren't taking Psych, they needed to show a genuine and sustained interest in the subject and had read widely: essentially, had a base already built. 

EEs score well when written in a subject you are passionate about.  Is that Film? If so, I can offer more support including materials to get you started.  Reach out if you want to know more.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi, I'm starting my EE on film and I don't know nothing about this area but I'm really interested to develop my study in this subject. I will analyse two different genres of film, from the same director and compare them. Do you have any advice you could give me?