I regret my choice of subjects

_malak_

I already choice my classes for the IB, but now I am starting to regret them. I took the following classes:

ESS SL

Math SL

Eng Lang&Lit HL

Business Man HL

Arabic B HL

Art HL

I choice these classes at first, that I will major in marketing. Now, I feel that should have taken Bio SL instead of ESS and Psychology SL instead of art, because I feel these are more relevant subjects. I think that I have taken very easy subjects (apart from math), compared to my friends that take Physics HL, Chem HL and Math HL. I still want to do marketing or even mass communication. please tell me your opinions on my subjects. do you think if I have chosen different subjects it would have made a difference?

If your grades are good and you have good extracurriculars (and maybe portfolio?), then you have nothing to be worried about. Don't underestimate ESS or Art HL as most people get 5s or below in them. The only downside is that if you were to study sciences or social sciences instead then these courses would not be competitive or even meet pre-requistes in the most competitive schools.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:28 PM, _malak_ said:

I already choice my classes for the IB, but now I am starting to regret them. I took the following classes:

ESS SL

Math SL

Eng Lang&Lit HL

Business Man HL

Arabic B HL

Art HL

I choice these classes at first, that I will major in marketing. Now, I feel that should have taken Bio SL instead of ESS and Psychology SL instead of art, because I feel these are more relevant subjects. I think that I have taken very easy subjects (apart from math), compared to my friends that take Physics HL, Chem HL and Math HL. I still want to do marketing or even mass communication. please tell me your opinions on my subjects. do you think if I have chosen different subjects it would have made a difference?

It depends on how much time has passed. If you are in the 1st year of your DP programme then it is perfectly alright if you think you need to change your subjects. Many of my classmates changed their subjects during the 1st six months of year 1.

But if you are in the final year, I would recommend you stick to what you chose. Look at it this way. There must have been a reason and you must have given it great thought before you chose your subjects and their levels. So, don't doubt yourself. You've stuck ro them long enough. Just work harder and you'll score well. 

Also, don't compare your subjects to your friends. It is very toxic. Nothing is more difficult or easier than the other. It all takes hard work. Yoir friends have their own requirements and you have your own. 

Another side note, I think your subjects are good enough if you want to pursue marketing or mass communication. You might want history for mass com, but even that's not a must. Other than that it looks good to me. 

Hope I helped :)

• Like 1