Moving to a public Canadian school after finishing only one year of IB? Is it possible?

lleo0111

I will study year 12 (grade 11 in Canada) in an IB school and finish one year of IB but due to certain circumstances I will have to switch to the public school system in Canada. So I have to do year 13 (grade 12) in Canada. I have never done the Canadian curriculum before and I don’t know whether they will accept me into it or not since I have never studied their curriculum. Would I need to go to summer school? Or study more subjects in that time frame to successfully finish grade 12 in my new school?

*I found one IB public Canadian school but I’m unsure whether they will accept me or how hard it will be to transfer to a completely new IB school. Going to a public school and without the IB system seems to be the best and most convenient choice for me at the moment. Please help. 

In Canada, the curriculum depends on the province. It is likely that you will enter as a grade 11, mostly because you will not have Canadian history or other social sciences requirements. There may be also standard testing you need to pass, in some provinces. I am not sure, but you can try write to the ministry of education in the province via email and they may be able to give you a better assessment. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:33 PM, kw0573 said:

In Canada, the curriculum depends on the province. It is likely that you will enter as a grade 11, mostly because you will not have Canadian history or other social sciences requirements. There may be also standard testing you need to pass, in some provinces. I am not sure, but you can try write to the ministry of education in the province via email and they may be able to give you a better assessment. 

Thank you so much for your help!