I'm scared I might fail the IB because of my EE

kayyy

My EE was due a few days ago but I still can't help but think and worry about it. I wrote my EE within a couple of hours without discussing it with my supervisor because I had made a new one a few days before the final submission. I'm really stressed out at this point. I know I'm the only one to blame for doing this to myself but I DO NOT want an E on my EE. My word limit was 3.9k words, my essay was relevant to the proposed question, I followed a proper structure for my essay and referenced everything that had to be referenced yet I'm still scared because my analysis of the text is quite repetitive. I mean, the texts that I analysed had a few similar points that related to my question, but still. And I even did my font in calibri, 1.5 spaced and my table of content is size 16, and my referencing is a mixture of Harvard and Chicago fml.

I don't know what to do at this point honestly, I screwed myself over and I'll have to wait a few months until I finish my exams and everything to see whether I failed. This stress caused by the EE would be biting me on the back during the exams and I'm afraid I won't be able to perform well. I already know what I want to do in Uni but this EE is really putting my hopes down. 

How likely is it for someone to fail the EE? And how exactly do you fail the EE? I'm like, really really really stressed out here. 

9 hours ago, kw0573 said:

Contact your EE supervisor before the concluding interview (viva voce) to explain what happened. Make sure you fill out the RPPF form correctly. I don't think you'll fail if you finished and what you wrote kind of make sense.

I contacted my EE Coordinator, but she's on a holiday right now and I don't think my supervisor could do anything at this moment. This is her second year supervising for EE, so I don't think she'll know what do. But I'm quite happy with my RPPF form, it's just the EE itself. The deadline to the IB is on September. Is it possible for me to change the format despite the deadline already passing? 

7 hours ago, kw0573 said:

IB wants you to follow all internal deadlines so it's best to wait for the coordinator's response. A lot of people write the EE last minute but few fail.

I'm just worried that my EE Coordinator wouldn't let me make those adjustments. It's really likely I'll fail, especially because of my referencing. 

But just a question, are the EE Coordinators expected to give the EE on September, or are they allowed to give in before their due date?

Most likely you are not not allowed to make changes, but it's still not probable that you fail. The format of referencing is not THAT important, although it may look weird. D in EE is just 20% and it sounds like you got over.

I am not sure if coordinators are allowed to submit now. From the documents I have, I only see September 15 as the submission deadline.

9 hours ago, kw0573 said:

Most likely you are not not allowed to make changes, but it's still not probable that you fail. The format of referencing is not THAT important, although it may look weird. D in EE is just 20% and it sounds like you got over.

I am not sure if coordinators are allowed to submit now. From the documents I have, I only see September 15 as the submission deadline.

Oh okay. Thank you so much for your help! 

• 9 months later...