Help🙏

Hello, thanks in advance for your answer. My friend has a very high probability of repeating one year. Under what conditions does a person stay in the second year in ib (11 grade) ? If in the first  term (grade 11) the student receives 1,2,2,7,5,6. And in the third term (grade 11 ) he has 7,6,7,3,2,4 + A (TOK) will my friend have repeat a grade  ? (Retention one year ) (CAS has done ) My friend is very nervous about this, but I don't know anything about falling  conditions in ib. Thank you 😊

If you are talking about the exams, the minimum required is a 24 to pass. If not, your friend can retake the exams to get the diploma.

If you are referring to staying behind in school (like you can do in any other year), then I think it depends on the school. In my school, you have to have a 6/10 for every subject, otherwise you fail. You should ask your coordinator to explain better how it works, they probably know more than I do. They might even give tips on what your friend can do so they don't have to repeat a year. 

• Like 1

Yeah IB as an organization does not mind whether the friend stays or not. It kind of depends on what the 2, 3, and 4 are. It's only a big concern if the 2 or the 3 is in maths. Otherwise, it's probably not bad enough to warrant an extra year but certainly getting a tutor or extra lessons could be on the agenda.