Canada Application for Commerce

Nujra

Hi I'm applying to UBC, U of Toronto, McGill for Management. I was skeptical about the strength of my subject combo but my predicteds are high in each subject. If anyone could tell me about my chances in the faculty of Commerce with these subjects it'd be great

Math SL

Hindi SL

Eco-SL

Eng Hl

Bio HL

BM-HL

Hi Nujra,

Your subjects are fine! I encourage you to check the schools’ specific IB requirements for admission. In my experience most schools asked for SL math, some will ask for a specific grade, others will just look at your overall score.

I did studies and went to uni for a Bachelors in Commerce at JMSB (Mcgill’s competition in Montreal). Although I was predicted and got a 6, it was a bit of a challenge to find schools that accepted studies. I’m sure with SL you will have no problem :)

Worst case scenario, and I of course hope it doesn’t happen, if you ended up having a grade lower than the school’s requirements you could still apply to a different faculty, get passing grades on their business program prerequisite courses and you’d be able to transfer to their business school with no problem!

Best,

Youss

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Youss said:

Hi Nujra,

Your subjects are fine! I encourage you to check the schools’ specific IB requirements for admission. In my experience most schools asked for SL math, some will ask for a specific grade, others will just look at your overall score.

I did studies and went to uni for a Bachelors in Commerce at JMSB (Mcgill’s competition in Montreal). Although I was predicted and got a 6, it was a bit of a challenge to find schools that accepted studies. I’m sure with SL you will have no problem :)

Worst case scenario, and I of course hope it doesn’t happen, if you ended up having a grade lower than the school’s requirements you could still apply to a different faculty, get passing grades on their business program prerequisite courses and you’d be able to transfer to their business school with no problem!

Best,

Youss

Thats really encouraging thank you so much for finding the time to address this

No worries Nujra, you’ll be fine! Take care! :)

Hi Nujra,

Best,

Youss