English Lit EE help

VictoriaMar

I'm currently doing my Extended Essay for english. I havent started because I am confused on what to write about specifically, i know it shouldn't be a broad topic, but i also want to do something I enjoy. I was thinking to write about slavery and how they treat wo/men in the books I've chosen, but i feel like that's a broad topic. I want it to be interesting. So my other idea, is to write about journeys and self realization in literature. One book, is Alice in wonderland, which is where she goes through her journey to a happy ending, that's the good thing. I want to find another book that's kinda like it but it's bad, like dante's inferno, where he goes through his journey of hell, which is the bad thing, but realizes his place. Do you have any recommendations for a book similar to dante's inferno? any other mythological stories similar to it? I also want to email you my EE throughout the process so you can read it. I want to score a 7 but i dont think my topic question is good enough. please help. Also i've attached the IB example that I saw based on this. But they used Dante's Inferno and The Wizard of Oz. Would this still count as plaigarism? If I have a similar research question but different books? Im scared that I'll fail because it's similar to this paper. 

http://leehs-fcps.libguides.com/ld.php?content_id=28573378