Medicine?

dexter

Does Double Majors help? Caz there is a offer for a Double Major in Bio and Chem ( not bio chem), but its Bachelor degree of art not science or should i stick to Bachelor of science in Biology only? BTW whats the difference of arts and science Bachelor Degree?

Does Double Majors help? Caz there is a offer for a Double Major in Bio and Chem ( not bio chem), but its Bachelor degree of art not science or should i stick to Bachelor of science in Biology only? BTW whats the difference of arts and science Bachelor Degree?

It doesn't really matter (at least in Canada). As long as you have the required prereqs, you can major in anything you want. I will be taking Biomedical Sci. ;)

whats the difference of arts and science Bachelor Degree?

"In the US, many colleges (particularly liberal arts colleges) as well as universities award the Bachelor of Arts for all academic (non pre-professional) subjects. In these institutions, students studying academic subjects (English, chemistry, etc.) would receive a Bachelor of Arts, students studying for professions (police science, finance, nursing) would receive a Bachelor of Sciences.

Some schools award the Bachelor of Arts for the humanities and the Bachelor of Sciences for both natural sciences and social sciences. In some cases a student may choose between a B.A. course of study and a B.S. course of study in the same subject at the same college." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor%27s_degree)

This is the same in England. Bachelor's of Science degrees have more maths courses associated with them.

"In the United States, a Bachelor of Science degree may be a more specialized version of B.A., with more focus on the subject and less on a broad liberal arts background; for example, a B.S. in economics may require several more advanced economics courses than a B.A. in economics, and possibly more support courses (such as statistics). The B.S. is also frequently used for professional areas of study such as engineering, journalism, accounting, and advertising." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Science)

Not all colleges in the US offer B.Sc degrees. Some only have BA's.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the 7 year course, where the most competitive applicants enter.

I dont know if the British system is the same, but I know a school I am looking at, along with others, offer a course program where you have to maintain extremely high grades, but should you maintain such grades, you continue on a 7 year path for medicine. I guess the courses offered in those first 4 years, would most likely be the most appropriate for undergraduate.

My concealer told me about her brother who is a some great surgeon, but majored in English. She was talking about the same thing you guys are, about the undergraduate programs.

Wait, if you major in something like English or whatever, how do u meet the requirements then for Med School?

I myself need to be applying for college, and I still dont have a clue about what it is I am suppose to do for Med school. If anyone is willing to help me out, post here or PM me please :unsure: thank you so much..

Wait, if you major in something like English or whatever, how do u meet the requirements then for Med School?

As long as you fill the prereqs, you can apply for the med program in grad school. This is usually done with electives to keep your options open and whatnot. That's why people who graduate with degrees in Law, Eng, Arts, History, etc can be MDs too. :unsure: