What Language B options does your school offer?

Vvi

• 2 weeks later...
Take Latin if you want to be a priest. Or if you think it'll help you with Romance languages (or if you just want to know what your school's motto reads).

took it for one year, and it didnt help, at honors level. Mainly because the teacher let us get away with no studying. It was another JA as you may say. wasted my time ,while I could have been in an AP class.

My school (located in Melbourne, Australia) offers Japanese B (SL), Mandarin B (SL and HL), German B (SL), French B (SL and HL) and Spanish B (SL). It's really strange that some languages are only able to be taken at SL, I wonder how they decide which to offer at HL.

Edited by Rizzelet

my school is extremely small

we have only 7 IB full diploma students

but they offer French B HL or SL; you can choose, but im the only French B HL student..hahaha

English B; a lot of students are taking it because most of the student population are asians

there's also Japanese B HL or SL; student's choice

then there's also Spanish B HL or SL; you can choose again

because we're such a small school, we can choose, and the teachers will organize it for us

so its quite good actually =]

Latin? No way! I didn't think they still taught Latin. That's freaking amazing :yawn: A little useless in your future, but still pretty cool :yes:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/style_imag...st-numbered.gif

Go Latin! yay!

obviously I'm in Latin at my school, and yeah it is IB. about a third of my IB class is in it, the rest take Spanish, except for one in French. Latin is also offered as AP, but either way you can only get up to fourth year. it's pretty easy because we don't do much. most of the non IB kids can barely translate and we don't even have to speak it.

i think I'm probably the only IB Latin kid on this site.

• 2 weeks later...