What Language B options does your school offer?

Vvi

English B (But this is the second group, and one must choose either English B SL/HL or English A2) and (as the 6th group) Spanish, French and German. The availability of ab initio or sl/hl depends on how many students want to take it, and it must be 7 at least.

And unfortunetly this means that I may be unable to take French HL (and I'm after 2 years of French bilingual class)'cause everybody is so bloody willing to take Spanish and then I would have to take it too, but I don't really like this language :/. But we'll see in September.

I really wish it is possible for me to take it. If no I'd have to learn it at some afterschool classes, pay for it and I wouldn't have neither time nor money to finally start attend some Swedish classes :/. Over years I bought some books to learn it by myself, but it's difficult to begin on my own, especially with pronuciation and this lovely peculiar accent :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My school offers:

*French A2 SL

*French B HL & SL

*Italian B HL & SL

*Japanese ab initio SL

*Mandarin B HL & SL

*Spanish B HL & SL

I chose spanish B HL because I took 4 years of spanish from year 5 until year 8, and it would be very easy for me. However, I wanted to go for spanish A2, but french A2 won over spanish A2, as my IBC was willing to offer only one language A2. I couldn´t take french A2 because I only took 2 years of french at IGCSE level.

At my school, we start studying foreign languages in year 5 until year 12. We can take up to three foreign languages during the 8 years, writing IGCSE foreign language examinations in year 10, and IB group 2 examinations in year 12.

Edited by bigbangfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...