Math EE (help!)

Faisal3399

I am doing my EE in math, and I choose what are the different ways in calculating pi as my topic.I am planning to choose several ways and compare them to each other. Is it enough? Do you have any ideas how I can link this topic to a real-life application? Is it possible to link the topic to statistics some how? 

Check out this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-o3eB9sfls&list=PLZHQObOWTQDMVQcT3414TcPMeEYf_VtPM

If you discuss some of the more advanced methods, then it's probably fine. But it's difficult to string together your various examples in a cohesive EE with a central thesis/argument. At some point, you have to go beyond listing different methods. You probably have to connect the different methods in some way or provide some compare and contrast.

• Thanks 1

If you properly cite your sources then it does not constitute plagiarism. In addition, the general consensus is to cite every sentence that you quoted or paraphrased. So it's probably not a good idea to heavily use external sources as examiners will notice that you are just paraphrasing someone else and may be inclined to give a lower mark. 

Yes. This is the very mechanism that IB and academia discourage people from simply restating others. Alternatively you can use block quotes and reference once. You can also take from a variety of sources so you are not keep citing the same source.