questions and tips

harry2023

Hello, just graduated 8th grade, which is MYP year 3. However, my final grades from the report card are like not satisfying. I have 5s and 6s. Is that a bad grade? Oh yeah and 3 for math. My school's highest grade that you can achieve is 7. I have around 22 days left of summer break; I have already been studying hard over the summer. However, if you guys don't mind, can you guys please give me any myp year 4 advice and tips? 

thanks

• 6 months later...

1.) 5s and 6s are certainly not bad grades! those are solid and show u know the material well enough, you just have some sides to sharpen out. 

2.) 3 for math I feel you on that. A 3 doesn't mean you are failing, but its the IB way of letting you know you are walking on thin ice. 0, 1 & 2 are all failing so you should try to bump that up 

3.) year 4=freshman year of high school, it varies from place to place but the workload does increase, teachers will start talking more often about EE in future and planning for personal project, you should at least consider getting a jumpstart on Personal project, e.g. plan what you will do how and fill out the criterion etc. believe me it will help you out immensely in the future 

4.) try you best not to procrastinate. You will get an adequate amt. of work in 9th grade but as ur school life progresses from year to year, the bad habits build up just as fast as the workload. You do not want bad habits at any time, especially in the DP. 

5.) enjoy yourself tho be lively and social and all that find the balance of work & fun in a way that suits u