three sciences in DP

Hi friends

I am new to this forum who will be writing my DP exam in may 2021. I am in process of finalising the subjects right now. I am inclined toward math and computer science as career and want to opt for analytical math, phy and computer science ( all HL) and english and French ( both as SL). regarding the sixth subject, I need to take one subject from group 3 but my top choice university ( EPFL Switzerland) has a requirement of history or geography which my school doesnt offer and at the same time EPFL requirements ( for IB students) makes chemistry ( of course at SL level)an option to be eligible to apply at EPFL. This make three subjects from experimental sciences ( and no subject from individuals and societies) and I land upon with non regular IB diploma ( as per IB terminology).

My queries and concerns- 

1. Is non regular diploma a negative factor for top university applications?

2. Is handling three sciences ( phy, che and CS) will be too much to handle along with our regular stuff of DP plus SAT, CAS etc.?

Need some first hand experiences and advices. Also, any IB student who is considering EPFL as first choice.

thank u for your inputs and time.

with regards

ananya 

I am not familiar with Swiss schools but you should ask your DP Coordinator to submit the non-regular Diploma request on your behalf ASAP, with link to the EPFL requirements and proof that your school does not offer history or geography. It should not negatively affect your uni application since the difficulty/merit of IB does not change much by swapping a group 3 for a group 4. As an IB Student, AA Math HL, Physics HL, Chemistry SL, CS HL is more than the usual workload, but certainly there is precedence (such as ~5 people of my graduating class, switching Chemistry to HL and Physics (or Biology) to SL). The main issues are whether you have been good at math and time management. If you have always gotten top Math scores and finished your homework early than you are more than prepared.

Edited by kw0573
SL