Hello All,

As you know by the title, I need EE help. Basically, I chose to do a biology EE cause it is my passion. At the beginning of our topic selection, I met with my advisor and told her that I wanted to do something with E.coli. Over the next several meetings I had with her, I decided upon studying how the different pH's of different foods inhibit E.coli growth. Long story short, on the LAST day of school my advisor tells me that I can no longer choose a topic that has to do with bacteria or else I will not score well. Apparently, IBO changed their guidelines that effected my class and when I asked my advisor about it she said: "yea, they can do that and we have to oblige". So I took about 1 day or so thinking about another topic I could do and landed on studying how different elements such as Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus inhibit the growth of a lima bean plant. So I got my materials and everything I needed to conduct my experiment and for the life of me, I have not been able to grow any seeds. All of the seeds which I have tried germinating or planting have died/failed/rot. That was 2 months ago. I have kept trying since then but to no avail. My rough draft of the EE is due on the first day of school 8/12/2019 and I do not know what to do. I have emailed my advisor multiple times and each time she has told me to either change my watering habits (which I have, I water once a day, and keep them in the sunniest part of my patio so they get the most sun), or to restart my seeds, or even keep trying. She even said she is baffled as to how I have not been able to grow such an easy plant. And now I am on the brink of a total mental breakdown and do not know what to do. My advisor told me I need some sort of data represented in my EE and if I have none, it will not be good. Can someone explain to me what would happen if my experiment for my EE does not go well? I would really appreciate it. Furthermore, I am in Florida, and all of the gardening departments of every store and independent gardening markets have stopped selling seeds as the season is coming to a close, which is making me even more frustrated now that I have no way of obtaining seeds. Someone, please help.

Thank You.