IB Diploma

SamanthaCarter

Such a student would not get the diploma. I believe IB does communicate the reason why diploma was not awarded, so universities can see it and choose to revoke acceptances.

EDIT: if you mean an internal that is not the IA, they probably won't know. But one should not plagiarize.

4 hours ago, kw0573 said:

Such a student would not get the diploma. I believe IB does communicate the reason why diploma was not awarded, so universities can see it and choose to revoke acceptances.

EDIT: if you mean an internal that is not the IA, they probably won't know. But one should not plagiarize.

what are the chances they will flag you if its just like a few words? and the chance that a university will revoke their acceptance?

So if IB suspects that a student plagiarized, they notify the school, and usually the student is allowed to submit a defense statement. This usually happens before the exams. And then IB discuss it over and reaches a conclusion. They only accuse in the first place if they found the document it was plagiarized from. Most cases I've seen if there is copying paragraphs or more without citation. So IB is very cautious in making such accusations but when they do, the universities will be notified through the transcript. I wouldn't stress about it if it's less than a sentence.