Help: IB Physics Extended Essay: Quantum Levitation

Taha_1

Hello,

My name is Taha, I'm 17 years old, and currently in 12th grade. I'm looking for someone to help me with my Extended Essay. 

I've decided to focus my essay on quantum locking: including superconductors (YBCO), the Meissner Effect. I have access to the materials needed to experiment with this topic (materials from quantumlevitation.com).

Some ideas I had in mind was to discuss the Meissner Effect in superconductors when cooled down to a critical temperature with liquid nitrogen. I was inspired to this topic when watching a talk on TED.com about quantum locking and quantum levitation (video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXHczjOg06w)

This aim of this project is to study the properties of quantum levitation and locking and provide ways to improve the efficiency and speed of current transportation systems (high-speed trains, levitating cars, and hoverboards), and the idea of creating bearings with negligible friction. 

I will need help in formulating a research question that would be appropriate to the Extended Essay guidelines and know what is the best structure for my essay. Let me know if you can help me.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...