Should I switch to certificate?

LiquidSoap

Okay, so to begin with some context, I'm going into my final year of diploma. Here are my classes:

English (HL)

French (SL)

Math (SL)

Chem (SL)

Biology (HL)

Geography (HL)

Plus the obvious TOK, and another HL English extension.

I'm a solid 90+ in everything except 3 things: Math, Chem, and French. I'm just lazy in French, but I plan on getting it together this year so its irrelevant. However, when it comes to math and chemistry, I have never experienced so much difficulty with classes in my life. I'm obviously no savant, but even for my standards, the grades that I get in them are awfully low. In Math 11, I got a 79. In advanced functions, I got a 72. In chemistry 11, I got a 60. A 60! Real IB genius right here. Could I try harder? Absolutely, but it's not like I didn't try. I'm just so scared that I'm going to harm my chances of getting into university, and that no amount of effort will get me significantly higher marks.

So I guess my proper question is, if I dropped math and chem (and also completely drop French cause why not) and did them according to the regular curriculum, would I realistically get a significantly higher mark? Also, do Canadian universities forgive lower marks if they're IB classes, or are they seen as along the same lines as regular marks? Even if I got high provincial marks, my IB exam marks for the two subjects would realistically never go over a 4 or 5.

What's the best option for me?

Thanks for your help!

Do you know if your school will adjust it so it is comparable to Ontario grades? 72% is low for any major that needs Advanced Functions. 

SL Math and Chem are either easier than or about the same as Ontario 4U courses. So there shouldn't be a dramatic increase if you leave IB. It'll be a lot different if you drop from HL to 4U because HL is definitely harder and the mark increase will be prominent. It looks like a wobbly foundation in Functions 11 led to lower grades in Advanced Functions. There's no shame in reviewing content you did previously, maybe even back in grade 9 and 10, for both math and chemistry. Sometimes you just have to do more exercises than assigned to get a good grade. If finishing homework/worksheets on time gets you a 70, then maybe you need to assign yourself more exercises or do the problems multiple times to get an 80. Make use of online resources like Khan Academy and YouTube. Ask your teachers and friends for help whenever you need it. You probably have to make big changes in your study habits, because simply leaving IB will not drastically increase your grades. 

If IB is overwhelming, then leaving is probably a good option. You still have to work harder than before to get your grades up, but certainly it's more possibly without burdens of EE, ToK, and IAs.