Do US universities care if I take math AI SL?

meganmisaki

I am currently in year 1 and am a bit worried if taking math applications and interpretations SL will harm my chances of getting into a decent college in the US. My HLs include bio and chemistry (also economics) because I am interested in a major relating to biology or biochemistry. I know that in certain European countries they don't accept math AI SL, but I thought that maybe in the US since they're pretty holistic they wouldn't mind as much, but now that I think about it, because I am interested in the STEM field, choosing a course that is equivalent to the past math studies might not look so good. 

I was thinking that maybe I can compensate by getting good marks on the SATs since my maths isn't a weak area of mine and I was placed in the advanced class last year so if I score high then it will indicate I am a strong maths student, but I don't know if this would still apply. While I am not aiming for Ivy leagues, I am still looking into quite competitive colleges in the US (acceptance rate 15-40%) so I just wanted to know if whether switching to HL would be a better option. However, I'm scared whether I can keep up with the workload with two HL sciences and HL math. 

Is it better to change?