Canadian universities and IB

CommeDesEnfants

• 1 month later...
Did anyone try Western? I got accepted and they said the offer was not based on my IB marks at all. They will only look at my IB marks in the end for transfer credits. Even scholarships are based on Ontario grades. I need a 95%+ to get $10000 :D

That's normal, haha. All my offers have been % conditional offers. They really don't care about IB marks. But I said that already! Congrats on getting into Western, btw... mind if I ask what program?

Edit: It's actually $2.5k per year for Western up to $10k max. I don't remember if you have to keep up your grades in latter years, but I'd imagine that you would.

Edited by Irene

That's normal, haha. All my offers have been % conditional offers. They really don't care about IB marks. But I said that already! Congrats on getting into Western, btw... mind if I ask what program?

Edit: It's actually $2.5k per year for Western up to $10k max. I don't remember if you have to keep up your grades in latter years, but I'd imagine that you would.

They say they will calculate my FINAL % average in June to decide on the scholarship. I got into BMOS and math/stats, and I've applied for AEO at Ivey. But no response from Ivey yet. :(

They say they will calculate my FINAL % average in June to decide on the scholarship. I got into BMOS and math/stats, and I've applied for AEO at Ivey. But no response from Ivey yet. :(

You'll probably get into Ivey, haha. But yeah, scholarships are all conditional... for univs in Ontario at least.