Failing IB

ibstudentfail

I am the second year of IB and i am legit failing ib not gonna lie, my mom met my teacher and even she said that she has no chance she might fail ib and not get the diploma !!!! i am really scared cause i am lacking everything , i am failing my subjects and  my parents are so disappointed in me especially my mom !!! my 18th bd is coming and my mom told me we aint clebratin it cause the only thing u think ofis enjoying etc etc ... i don't know what to do , the current ib points i am oni 21- 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is currently a fail !!! pls someone help me i have also had suicidal thought which i think is the best option than seeing my parents in so much trouble and pain !! 

pls is there anyone i can make my parents proud and prove them that i am gonna pass ib with flying color !s ? 

OK , first of all you have to know that failing IB is not the worst thing. You could go to a community college after IB and continue your studies there. You could also retake them in the November session.

I would suggest you to make a daily study schedule. Put in more hours on subjects that you do not understand. Talk to your teachers about exam technique and time management (perhaps this is where you lose marks). Try and perfect your IA's so that you don't lose out there.  Take some help from friends.

Just remember that suicide is NEVER an option, however bad your circumstances are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vighnesh said:

OK , first of all you have to know that failing IB is not the worst thing. You could go to a community college after IB and continue your studies there. You could also retake them in the November session.

I would suggest you to make a daily study schedule. Put in more hours on subjects that you do not understand. Talk to your teachers about exam technique and time management (perhaps this is where you lose marks). Try and perfect your IA's so that you don't lose out there.  Take some help from friends.

Just remember that suicide is NEVER an option, however bad your circumstances are.

I have tried all that yaar , but my parents have lost all hopes in me and so have i - muje khud nahi pata merko kya karna hai 

• 2 months later...

Hey! So, I have been experiencing the same thing and I am a science stream student, but my weakness were languages, so I dropped down to course, do I wont receive a Diploma, but I can go to great universities! I never got above 30 in DP1, but the first month of DP2 I got a 33! Since I focused on my actual subjects that I want (Bio HL/Chem HL and Math SL) AND got the highest grade in my year in math SL! 

Here is what I advice:

1-Your subjects: I used to get constant 4s in my English A HL then dropped down to English A SL and then to English B HL (Yikes) BUT I started getting 6s and 7s! Make sure your subjects are working out for you and don't be that person that takes more HL subjects that needed.

2-Study schedule with time management: Here is a little tip in tricking your mind to study. Lets say you want to study 3 topics of a certain subject, plan to study 5! If you are some one that doesn't stick to schedule it's the perfect tip, because it is highly that you will finish 5, but will 100% finish at least 3 topics. If you did finish 5 topics! FANTASTIC! *(But don't finish studying just to get rid of "studying").

3-Take a time-off ONLY when needed!

4-And this is important: Suicide is NEVER the answer. You have a bright future ahead of you, trust me, I've had panic attacks that affected my mentality and physical state and suicide thoughts! But now... I feel great most of the times! :)

If you don't mind saying, what are your subjects? Maybe I can help!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BookHerondale said:

Hey! So, I have been experiencing the same thing and I am a science stream student, but my weakness were languages, so I dropped down to course, do I wont receive a Diploma, but I can go to great universities! I never got above 30 in DP1, but the first month of DP2 I got a 33! Since I focused on my actual subjects that I want (Bio HL/Chem HL and Math SL) AND got the highest grade in my year in math SL! 

Here is what I advice:

1-Your subjects: I used to get constant 4s in my English A HL then dropped down to English A SL and then to English B HL (Yikes) BUT I started getting 6s and 7s! Make sure your subjects are working out for you and don't be that person that takes more HL subjects that needed.

2-Study schedule with time management: Here is a little tip in tricking your mind to study. Lets say you want to study 3 topics of a certain subject, plan to study 5! If you are some one that doesn't stick to schedule it's the perfect tip, because it is highly that you will finish 5, but will 100% finish at least 3 topics. If you did finish 5 topics! FANTASTIC! *(But don't finish studying just to get rid of "studying").

3-Take a time-off ONLY when needed!

4-And this is important: Suicide is NEVER the answer. You have a bright future ahead of you, trust me, I've had panic attacks that affected my mentality and physical state and suicide thoughts! But now... I feel great most of the times! :)

If you don't mind saying, what are your subjects? Maybe I can help!

omg thank you soo much for taking ur time out and writing all this to me ..! 

my subject right now are 

HL Psych 

HL Bio

HL theatre 

SL- math

SL- spanish 

SL- english 

Just now, BookHerondale said:

No problem! 

Just a few questions before I can comment:

Is it necessary that you take math SL? Why not studies? (If math is not working our for you)

Which of the languages is A and which is B? And what are you fluent in?

Which of your subjects are not working out for you? 

oh sorry i am taking math studies 

spanish b 

psychology and biology 

Well it's good to see you're not struggling math as many do struggle from it! And launguages plus theatre is something I would deff. fail so good job on not seeing them as hard subjects!

Alright, so I'm biology HL and get 6s and 7s and I use the Oxford book and this website. I have never in my life opened Bio Ninja and I did once, it barley touches the surface of most topics so I wouldn't recommend it! Website: https://www.bioknowledgy.info/

Download the presentations! (They are a life-saverrrr!!!!!) I use PDFs as a method of revision. Never study Bio last minute. Don't take Bio as a science, take it as a story! For example, you want to study the parts of the heart, memorize how the blood flows through every part! Not just the shape and such!

While I don't take psychology and have no experience, I recommend studying lots of study cases (That's what I heard from my friends that take psychology. Sorry I couldn't help much here :( )

Tbh... 2 subjects aren't something to be worried about! I thought you would have problems with 3-5 subjects! Dw! You have other subjects that can help raise other subjects.

OH! FOCUS ON INTERNALS!!!!! Finish them ASAP, including CAS, EE and TOK!

• Like 1

I am in Bio HL, however, I am in Year 1 currently so I don't know how it's gonna be with the further topics, but I'm getting currently mostly 7s and 6s (my average percentage score for the first term was 93%). I have never opened any textbook, but I agree that the Bioknowledgy presentations are amazing and they have everything you need, I guess. I sometimes use BioNinja while making my own notes, because it is, in my opinion, better-organized. And I would advise to solve a lot of pastpapers/question bank problems before tests/exams, so that you can apply your knowledge to the real questions. I don't know if I helped a lot, but maybe if you have any specific questions (regarding Bio because I don't take Psychology and it's not available at my school so I can't really help with that), feel free to ask :))

• Like 2