Economics Extended Essay Inquiry

AceTheBase

Hello, Thank you for taking time to help me out. So I plan on making an Extended Essay on Economics. I have came up with a research question but I am not sure about how I will go on answering it by providing resources, data, graphs etc. 

My Research Question is: 

How did the introduction of VAT affect the UAE's economy?

UAE introduced VAT in the beginning of 2018. It is a very interesting topic that is interesting for me. However, I do not know what kind of resources and evidence would help me. 

First of all, is the research question good (is it specific enough?) and what are some of the topics I can look at to help me answer my question.

I don't think this RQ is focused or specific enough for an EE. However, it is a good starting point for your research. Maybe try analyzing the impact of VAT on the petrochemicals industry in U.A.E.

I don't really know how you could do an EE on this though.

See if you can interview owners of small shops about how the introduction of VAT has affected their business. If you could get data from any company that would be awesome.

Also, read up on many news articles and research papers. They have a lot of interesting ideas.