TOK Help!! Urgent

AyushP28

So we have been given a quote in class and we have to make a short essay discussing it  with a claim and counter claim,I am new to TOK and have been finding it really difficult,I need some knowledge questions from this quote The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values."   - Burroughs,draft is due on tuesday so please help,thanks!

So from my experience in ToK, the way you want to address this kind of question by taking what it says, in this case: "...but of values..." and looking at how that applies to you (keep in mind this is something that works for me, maybe not for you). So an example that comes to mind is History. We teach History not because it's super important to know everything that happened in the past, (which is still in it's own right important) that can be done on one's own with a book. We teach it to take something away from it: a value. Maybe that makes sense, maybe I've explained it poorly and you don't. Let me know and I an revise my statements.

7 minutes ago, Just_That_Guy said:

So from my experience in ToK, the way you want to address this kind of question by taking what it says, in this case: "...but of values..." and looking at how that applies to you (keep in mind this is something that works for me, maybe not for you). So an example that comes to mind is History. We teach History not because it's super important to know everything that happened in the past, (which is still in it's own right important) that can be done on one's own with a book. We teach it to take something away from it: a value. Maybe that makes sense, maybe I've explained it poorly and you don't. Let me know and I an revise my statements.

Thanks for your response,you explained it very well,my knowledge question which I am using is to what extent does structure promote or discourage learning,kind of confused how i can relate this with quote?