Is my Chemistry IA idea too simple and obvious?

Teresawerner

I'm an SL Chemistry student and I've been struggling to find an idea that is easy enough to investigate in order to obtain interpretable results and difficult/complex enough to show further critical thinking and thorough application of chemistry. My initial idea was to use a simulation to figure out how the electronegativity of a nucleophile (such as the hydroxide ion, cyanide ion and ammonia) affects its bond length when it undergoes a SN1 reaction with a tertiary halogenoalkane. However, after writing up the intro, hypothesis etc. and moving onto the actual simulation work, I could figure out what simulation was appropriate and I could even use to begin exploring this topic. It was too confusing for me and so now I am thinking of looking at how temperature affects the rate of oxidation of alcohol (red and/or white wine? - and comparing the two). But now I feel this topic sounds too simple and straightforward/obvious in its answer. Similarly, I could explore the effect of temperature on the acidity of the wine / how the pH changes as temperature increases? By looking at this I could collect both quantitative and qualitative data, and possibly use a calculation linking temperature and reaction rate (maybe the equilibrium constant?? I’m not really sure). 

If you have any ideas on how I could make this into a good IA, please help!!!