I need help...

I don't know if I should choose Chemistry HL, I was a Core IGCSE student and I'm not very good at chemistry or an overall intelligent student , I was in the top 5 but as a class we are not very good anyway.Should i choose it i have until the 3rd of November to choose my options. Ohhhh. I'm also a hardcore procrastinator and never really do things on time.

Is CHEM HL really hard? or if i study will i be able to do it

Honestly if you don't like the subject, don't do it as an HL. I'm not in Chem HL, but I don't like science very much, I struggled with honors chem so I chose not to do any science HLs. Since you need a science, do a science SL and pick whichever one sounds the easiest from the classes your school offers. Talk to some of the IB people in the grade above you; they'll either have taken the class or are taking the class or know someone who has. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:33 PM, kristinagreenidge said:

I need help...

I don't know if I should choose Chemistry HL, I was a Core IGCSE student and I'm not very good at chemistry or an overall intelligent student , I was in the top 5 but as a class we are not very good anyway.Should i choose it i have until the 3rd of November to choose my options. Ohhhh. I'm also a hardcore procrastinator and never really do things on time.

listen, i took chem hl cause i had an issue with my subjects and i had to take HL. I am not a good chem student, since i dont like the subject but i need it. For the people in my class that are intelligent and have high grades... they study a lotttttttttttt for chemistry. Chemistry HL is no joke, thats one thing i wanna tell u. Its really difficult and needs hard work from the beginning. misunderstanding concepts and not writing the correct IB required answers are a big issue. If you will put time and effort, go ahead. if ur taking it just for the sake, leave it especially since u said that u arent that good in it. good luck.... ur choice 

On 11/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, kristinagreenidge said:

I need help...

First of all, are you planning on studying medicine at the university? Because you should do HL subjects that you enjoy doing and that you are likely to study at the university. You don't really seem so into Chemistry and another question is: what grade have you got for Chemistry in IGCSE? Usually you should get more than 8 (which is an A) to be able to do HL.
I have a friend that is doing Chemistry HL and it's a really tough subject to study. You need to put a lot of hard work in it and if you are a procrastinator, you could still do it, but you need to be really smart and really love the subject like my friend.

I think that there is no point on doing Chemistry HL if you don't want to do medicine. Then, it would be better to choose another subject that helps you to the direction. You might think of doing Chemistry SL as a science if you really want.