Chemistry or History HL?

pickle245

My subject choices are as follows:

Maths HL, Economics HL, English A SL, French B SL, Chemistry and history

I am struggling to decide whether to take chemistry or history at higher level and which to take at standard level. In terms of university it doesn't really matter as I want to do economics, but which one would be easier to get a high grade in or which would be more enjoyable?

2 hours ago, pickle245 said:

My subject choices are as follows:

Maths HL, Economics HL, English A SL, French B SL, Chemistry and history

I am struggling to decide whether to take chemistry or history at higher level and which to take at standard level. In terms of university it doesn't really matter as I want to do economics, but which one would be easier to get a high grade in or which would be more enjoyable?

Both chemistry and history HL are not easy and they are both enjoyable! You have to ask yourself which one you have more confidence to score high mark. What are your pre-IB grade on both subjects? If you are planning to study economics, why bother to take chemistry HL? (Unless you find it the most "enjoyable" among the other subjects! 

1 hour ago, sunsally said:

Both chemistry and history HL are not easy and they are both enjoyable! You have to ask yourself which one you have more confidence to score high mark. What are your pre-IB grade on both subjects? If you are planning to study economics, why bother to take chemistry HL? (Unless you find it the most "enjoyable" among the other subjects! 

I do GCSEs and I'm predicted 9s on both. I think I'm going to go with history for HL though, I've never liked sciences as much as humanities.

5 hours ago, pickle245 said:

I do GCSEs and I'm predicted 9s on both. I think I'm going to go with history for HL though, I've never liked sciences as much as humanities.

Then history HL is definitely your best choice! Chemistry is my passion so I am going to take Chemistry HL. I really enjoy my history classes and my teacher is very good. Luckily she is also responsible for the history DP so I will take history HL as well. Good luck to both of us!!