Share your SAT I and SAT II scores

kman

Hi all, I am a May 2010 candidate and I will be writing my SAT's soon and I was curious as to what scores fellow IB students got. If it is not too much trouble, can those who wrote their SAT's and got back a mark please share their SAT 1 and SAT 2 scores along with the subject that they took the test in? As well, can you please share which universities in the US you guys applied to? Thanks for your help.

SAT I: 2050 (Critical Reading 700, Mathematics 660, Writing 690 essay10)

SAT II: Biology E 710, Literature 630, Math II 640

Universities Applied to:

Stanford University

Columbia University

Washington University in St. Louis

Vanderbilt University

Colgate University

Grinnell College

Kenyon College

Macalester College

Pomona College

Pitzer College

University of the Pacific

Dominican University of California

University of California: Berkeley

University of California: Davis

University of California: Santa Cruz

University of California: San Diego

SAT 2:

Math 1: 610 - Thats just me.

Biology M: 720 - I was semi-ready after my exams, but didnt study, I just love it.

French: 620 - Just what I have of skills.

Physics: 470 - NEVER took physics in my life, so dont count on this one.

Math 2: 510 - Did it by mistake, as in, didnt read about it so I thought its the easier one. I was in IB1 so double angles and further trig wasnt something I knew.

My scores arent really proper, because im not applying to the US, so you could say, I did them for 'fun'-no im not a nerd. :P Also because I didnt prepare for any of them.

SAT: 780 Math, 600 Reading, 670 Writing.

SAT2: 770 Math, 710 Chem

Univerities: Accepted into MIT early action, waiting on Princeton and Stanford though I'm set on MIT anyways.

congratulations on getting early acceptance into MIT! Did you have any outstanding extra curriculars? A student who graduated from IB last year got rejected from MIT with a 2350 on the SAT1- not sure what he got on the SAT2 (probably really high) and all 7's except for english which he scored a 6 in. He also had the highest average in our area. While your scores are also exceptionally high, I was just wondering what gave you that extra edge because after I heard that that student got rejected, I thought MIT was impossible to get into.

I hope you guys all get into the universities you get into- if it isn't interfering with other threads about the same topic, please let me know if you guys get accepted :P

I hope you guys all get into the universities you get into- if it isn't interfering with other threads about the same topic, please let me know if you guys get accepted :P

Lol, of course I have something that gave me an edge. First off, the SATs don't measure how much you know english and math, just how much you DONT know (I gave the full explanation aout this in another thread, I don't remeber which one though...). I'm guessing MIT liked the fact that I've taken nearly 6 semesters of calculus, 4 of chemistry, 4 of physics, AND manage 8 IB classes a year plus 5 of college. They must've also liked the fact that I"m a real human being and not just someone who studies all the time. See, I actually play sports, a lot, and do well at school but only where I want to. I hate english very much and yet I'm still in IB. By the way, MIT in particular likes math and science so anyone who excels in the IB program might have awesome chances at Harvard or Cambridge but not at a math/engineering school. I exceled THROUGH ib. So if you want to get into these types of schools I suggest that you stop worrying about IB altogether and try taking some AP math or science classes. There's a million othe things they looked at but being in love with science and being genuinly a real person shows them that if you actually go to MIT you'll have what it takes to come up with inventions of your own.

Lol, of course I have something that gave me an edge. First off, the SATs don't measure how much you know english and math, just how much you DONT know (I gave the full explanation aout this in another thread, I don't remeber which one though...). I'm guessing MIT liked the fact that I've taken nearly 6 semesters of calculus, 4 of chemistry, 4 of physics, AND manage 8 IB classes a year plus 5 of college. They must've also liked the fact that I"m a real human being and not just someone who studies all the time. See, I actually play sports, a lot, and do well at school but only where I want to. I hate english very much and yet I'm still in IB. By the way, MIT in particular likes math and science so anyone who excels in the IB program might have awesome chances at Harvard or Cambridge but not at a math/engineering school. I exceled THROUGH ib. So if you want to get into these types of schools I suggest that you stop worrying about IB altogether and try taking some AP math or science classes. There's a million othe things they looked at but being in love with science and being genuinly a real person shows them that if you actually go to MIT you'll have what it takes to come up with inventions of your own.

lol useful advice. I too hate english and play sports. Are you suggesting taking more AP math and science classes on top of IB- like in summer school ?

lol useful advice. I too hate english and play sports. Are you suggesting taking more AP math and science classes on top of IB- like in summer school ?

Well, our school has 8 periods so we always have space for an AP class. On top of that, however, I take all of my math classes at my local college cause the school doesnt offer anything past calculus BC so I had to go and take them there. I took a total of 6 AP clases, a butload of IB, and 15 college classes.

SAT I: 1690 (math 710, CR 460, Writing 520) i did not know what happened to me during the test day, i usually scored higher during mock tests.

SAT II: MATH lvl1 670, Math lvl2 710, physics 620 - i did not prepare for this test at all.

Applied to:

-John hopkins u

-U penn

-university of virginia

-university of delaware

-university of michigan-rejected

-Syracuse university

-Washington univ in st.louis

-Penn state univ

-Purdue

-university of maryland

-George Mason university-accepted

-Viginia tech

Sorry, what I meant to say was "scores alone by themselves aren't enough for the top universities." If you have anything over 2200, you stand a reasonable chance. If you have 2000+ you still have a chance, but you have to have done something the university really liked. Anything under 2000 is a bit of a reach, but it's still not impossible. In fact from the early rounds of the decisions, for Cornell, the average SAT score of the rejected applicants was higher than those of the accepted.

Aghhh Ezex I wish i get those grades!!!! and all that stuff ! I havent done a FULL SAT exam so dont know how much ill get but I once did both reading and math and got on each around 480! WHICH SUCKSSSS i mean im not the worst in class but i am the third! and i did EXCELLENT on MY IGCSE's?!!! so angry! today the top kid in my class got his SAT score back and he got a 1930! ( has a IBS so he is gna read this!) but he normally gets at least a 2100!! soo scared want to get in NYU any advice? btw im going to do SAT2 Bio/chem and math 2 HOW do i do good in the SAT1 im find it hard to understand that im going to memorize alot of words? Any advice take up any Extra work similar to CAS?? ( after i finish the IB CAS)?

Edited by dexter