Share your SAT I and SAT II scores

kman

For subject Test for Chemistry and Biology:

Does anyone know how similar the questions are to the HL courses. I dont know what to expect overall, for these exams. I was told you merely needed a honors course in chemistry to complete the Test.

To complete the test you don't even need to be taking a chemistry class. To do WELL in the test you should be taking AP chemistry or HL chemistry. To do GREAT in the test you dont need anything but the Princeton Chemistry Review Book, you read this and you get an 800. Taking the test relying only on your knowledge from school will get you in the higher 700s if you're the best in the school and in the 600s if not.

I would redo SAT I but it's too late, uni's wont accept it anymore. I just hope universities could kinda disregard my SAT I math if they see my other stuff. By the way, SAT II Math is kinda easier than SAT I Math, or in my opinion at least.

You think they'd disregard it? My Math HL predicted is 7 and you can see my SAT II scores.

(btw I only had 5 mistakes in the entire SAT I and lost 120 points somehow.. :))

Seriously eggroll?

If so... Beautiful score! Just beautiful! Let's hope you do that well on your SAT II's.

Edited by Anonymouser

well I am assuming your looking into US universities, and I dunno. I have been told they like to see consistency. I would venture to say it depends on the school your applying to. Some of them will ignore that math score, the others will ask what happened. you should always re-take the sat in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
well I am assuming your looking into US universities, and I dunno. I have been told they like to see consistency. I would venture to say it depends on the school your applying to. Some of them will ignore that math score, the others will ask what happened. you should always re-take the sat in my opinion.

hey by the way since I am an international student i got a question for the SAT too, particularly for the new score choice policy.

Collegeboard has just introduced a new score policy called "Score Choice", which allows candidates to select which scores they want to submit to universities/colleges.

So here's my scenario:

I got a bad score for SAT1 for last year ~1600 and got a bad score in SAT1 ~1800 in Jan this yr, and I will retake the SAT1 again in June and I'm planning to use the new Score Choice program to only submit the June score to universities/colleges, so they won't know how badly I've done in the past.

I've previously ticked the "Student Search Service" for SAT1 last year, and I've received alot of crappy college offers by mail since then, and soon I realized how bad "Student Search Service" it was, I've 'unticked' that and soon these college offers have stopped bombarding my home mailbox.

However, I've been receiving crappy college offers since my (this year's)Jan scores are released in Feb, even though I have unticked the "Student Search Service" option in the Collegeboard website.

So, does it mean that almost every universities and colleges can see my scores now?

First of all I'd like to say chill, because 1600 and 1800 aren't exactly "bad" scores. Moreover, don't just call those colleges crappy. I've looked into some of them and actually most are ranked in the top 500 and some in the top 200. So don't go calling them "crappy" Mr. Einstein. If you're too smart or too good for those uni's I assume you're smart enough to just put a filter on their emails rather than curse them. No offense :D

Anywho... Regarding your question: Your old scores were probably already shown to universities. So I guess the change you did would only affect your upcoming SAT's, not the previous ones, as those were probably already put up in the pool of scores they've got. However, I'd suggest you email collegeboard and get an absolute answer from them.

Math: 690, CR: 590, Writing: 570. These are probably the lowest scores ever to be seen on this forum. I just gave up on SAT II's because i already got some university offers.

And kman, its so early for you to be taking SAT's, but then its also good to get it out of the way :D . When I wrote mine, apparently one of your friends was in the same place writing it too.

Edited by ongfufu

By the way, MIT in particular likes math and science so anyone who excels in the IB program might have awesome chances at Harvard or Cambridge but not at a math/engineering school.

Cambridge is largely a math/engineering school! It's the top uni for engineering in the UK and in the top 5 in the world (with Caltech, Berkeley, Stanford, MIT etc...). But it is also very strong in other subject areas.

Anyway, I do see the main point of what you're saying :(

• 2 weeks later...

SAT 1 (November 08)

Math 760

Writing 640

Reading 610

Total 2010

(I think this is good since I have English B. This is third highest score in my college-out of 100 students+only two native speakers have higher.)

SAT 2 (December 08)

Math 1 710

Math 2 770

Chemistry 650

(I didn't prepare for either of them so I was pretty much shocked with the results)

I am still waiting for Uni responses:

Yale University

Duke University- accepted

Amherst College- accepted

Carleton College

Tufts University

Bates College- waitlisted -going to reject them anyway, since they are my safety from the very beginning.

Edited by mathpoet

^ Good luck. You have good chances at Tufts and Bates College because you do the IB and Tufts syndrome.

Thanks!

But how do you mean Tufts sindrom? It seams more to me that it could be a problem, for Bates at least, since it is kind of a safety choice for me.

I have 43/45, with 6-7-7-7 on HL with Physics, Math, Croatian A1 and English B, 2010 SAT, good extracurricular record (6 years of saxophone playing, leader of a Jazz Band, etc. + CAS)

English A1 teacher read my personal statement and said it is one of the best she ever came across, that it is original and really appealing.

I'm not sure, but I think I have fair chances at least for Carleton and Amherst, and I hope for Duke (applying for Math). (Yale is my stretched choice, obv.)

Opinion please?

Yes it is very likely that you will get into Bates because of your IB predicted score. Your SAT score is also adequate for them. What I meant by Tufts Syndrome is that your SAT score is not high enough for Tufts to reject you (Tufts only takes people with SATs like yours). However Tufts Syndrome usually only applies to domestic students.

Amherst... is very hard to get into to say the least. Its selectivity is comparable to the higher ivies. Carleton and Duke are very high matches (Duke may even be a reach).

Please do not take my opinions seriously as I am not an admission officer :blum:

^ I got 57/80 in PSAT writing if that helps

Oh good. So you are human :(

mathpoet:

(I'm no admissions officer either)

Amherst is quite selective. With your extracurriculars, essay and predicteds, you have a fair chance: just like anyone else, which is something like 11% this year. I think Carleton sounds more likely, but best of luck to you regardless.