Share your SAT I and SAT II scores

kman

Congrats!

I got rejected from Amherst today. They sent out early notifications by email because I'm an international. How did you fare, mathpoet?

Edit: Nevermind.. I can see on the other thread. Congrats on that too.

Edited by eblake

SAT 1: (my first time)

Math 630

CR 600

W 630

I'll take it again, targeting CR, since I cannot hope to get more than that in math, and apparently unis don't care about Writing anyways.

I thought unis care very much about the writing section since they some use your essay for advising, placement and admission!

Wow Red Star and everyone else!!! My first SAT I exam is soon (May 2nd) and im very scared lol, hate the SAT exams.. wish me luck people i know i am not getting the grades Red Star has :o

Good luck dexter!!! Im sitting the exam on May 2nd too! I just found out TODAY. APPARENTLY MY MUM just spontaneousy entered me into an exam I have not prepared for because she er "just felt like it".

I am destined to get below 1000 if that's even possible. We can sit it again right?

Good luck dexter!!! Im sitting the exam on May 2nd too! I just found out TODAY. APPARENTLY MY MUM just spontaneousy entered me into an exam I have not prepared for because she er "just felt like it".

I am destined to get below 1000 if that's even possible. We can sit it again right?

Yes, but you don't want to resit *too* many times.

• 3 weeks later...

hey by the way since I am an international student i got a question for the SAT too, particularly for the new score choice policy.

Collegeboard has just introduced a new score policy called "Score Choice", which allows candidates to select which scores they want to submit to universities/colleges.

So here's my scenario:

I got a bad score for SAT1 for last year ~1600 and got a bad score in SAT1 ~1800 in Jan this yr, and I will retake the SAT1 again in June and I'm planning to use the new Score Choice program to only submit the June score to universities/colleges, so they won't know how badly I've done in the past.

I've previously ticked the "Student Search Service" for SAT1 last year, and I've received alot of crappy college offers by mail since then, and soon I realized how bad "Student Search Service" it was, I've 'unticked' that and soon these college offers have stopped bombarding my home mailbox.

However, I've been receiving crappy college offers since my (this year's)Jan scores are released in Feb, even though I have unticked the "Student Search Service" option in the Collegeboard website.

So, does it mean that almost every universities and colleges can see my scores now?

The Score Choice does not apply to every single university in the US. Unfortunately Yale, U of Michigan, Cornell require all SAT test scores. I have a feeling the Score Choice report is slightly different to the "traditional" one.

HOWEVER, most schools also adopt the Superscore policy. They pick the highest score for each individual section (CR, W, M) from all the SAT tests you submit.

Several top universities do not take the Writing section into account or they do not put much emphasis on it, because it has not been proven that doing well in the writing section correlates with great performance in university.

Try not to take the SAT more than 3 times. I think twice is the optimal amount of times.

Edited by Forester

I got back my ACT results back today.

28 Math

28 Science

24 English

20 Reading

8/12 Essay

Composite: 25

I'm not too sure about the other subjects, but that's pretty good for science. Over here, a lot of people complain about this section because they look at the graphs and tables and start freaking out. It's nice to have the background knowledge from physics, chemistry, bio, and environmental sci, but it's really not necessary because the section is supposed to measure your ability to reason. Could you tell me about the tests more popular in UK... like GRE and GMAT, I think?

Has anyone taken the subject tests for SAT (aka SAT II)

Edited by sweetnsimple786

Since there is no thread on ACT and that SAT is similar,

I got back my ACT results back today.

Very mediocre but I am not planning to go to America.

28 Math

28 Science

24 English

20 Reading

8/12 Essay

Composite: 25

... I thought you were aiming for Cal Poly?!?!?!?! According to collegeboard, you only need 20-24 on the ACT to fulfill the standardized testing requirement..

AND your science/maths is excellent :]

• 3 weeks later...

I took the SAT in the winter, as well as just this past month.

Winter Scores-

Critical Reading: 650

Math: 590

Writing: 700

Total: 1940

That was without any preparation, aside from the PSAT in October.

May scores are released tomorrow! So nervous :P