Share your SAT I and SAT II scores

kman

SAT1: 2380, 780CR, 800M, 800W, 12 Essay

SAT2: 800 Maths2, 800 Chemistry, 800 Chinese (80,80,80 sub scores)

Took them a few months ago, at the beginning of IB2.

Universities: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Cornell, Dartmouth, Penn, Colgate, Colby

..how?!

i took it two times. first time i got 2080. CR640 M780 W660 with Essay 8. then i did two weeks of hardout revision and cramming of vocabulary. so everything is possible as long as you put in the time and effort.

I got almost exactly the same score distribution 1st time round; the only difference is that I got 10 points more for CR. Two weeks of intense studying boosted your score that much? That's already pretty amazing.

Aaah my scores just came out this morning and in comparison to most of the people who got higher scores and are complaining, I feel a little inadequate. Heh. But I don't know anyone else who took it up here, so I thought I'd share anyways D:

660CR 660M 670W (10 Essay) = 1990 !

I still have to take my SAT2, and I think there are only 2 dates left before college apps and stuff have to start going in. Should I redo the SAT, or just try my luck with these marks? It's not like going to the US is the be all end all for me, but I'm not sure ...

We're in the same boat, genuis wannabe!

I got a 1990 too which is all right but pretty low compared to my practice scores. I know I could do better if I retook it but part of me says screw it!

Are SAT II scores as important as the SAT I?

Wow I got 1990 too for the January SAT, looks like it's a common score. Well the importance of SATII depends on each university, some universities require 3 although most like Upenn or Cornell requires 2. A lot of universities like Stanford or Chicago don't even require SATII!

• 1 month later...
By the way, MIT in particular likes math and science so anyone who excels in the IB program might have awesome chances at Harvard or Cambridge but not at a math/engineering school.

Cambridge is largely a math/engineering school! It's the top uni for engineering in the UK and in the top 5 in the world (with Caltech, Berkeley, Stanford, MIT etc...). But it is also very strong in other subject areas.

Anyway, I do see the main point of what you're saying :P

45 in IB?! Woww

• 9 months later...

Just got my scores back; I'm relatively pleased with them; 2140:

Critical Reading: 630

Mathematics: 760

Writing: 750

Could've done better in Critical Reading, but ah well. Hopefully it won't jeopardize my chances too much :P

800 Critical Reading

700 Math

780 Writing (12 Essay)

I'm yet to take the SAT II's but when I do I will probably take Chemistry, American History, and either French w/o listening or English Lit.

1980 on 4 hours sleep due to track meet :/

2280 is my highest practice test score though, so 5 more months to get up to 2350+ for amherst. Yay yay.. :coffee:

Amherst is like one of my top choices as well. I'm debating whether or not I should retake it. 2280 is high enough to not prevent me from not being accepted, but I'm still not convinced.

How did you guys get such great scores?

My 1580 feels like a fail next to all your 1900+ scores. CR was my best (620, Math was my worst (430.

Share the secret.

What books do you use?

How many hours do you study per day? Per week?

What type of tests do you do?

Tell me!! lolz :D

SAT 2320

Writing 800 Essay 12

Math 770

CR 750

SAT II:

Physics 800

Math II C 800

Chem 800

I'm not very happy with my SAT so I redid it in june, hoping for the 2400!

Retaking the test when you already had a 2320 is probably more likely to hurt your chances of getting accepted than help them...

SAT 2320

Writing 800 Essay 12

Math 770

CR 750

SAT II:

Physics 800

Math II C 800

Chem 800

Retaking the test when you already had a 2320 is probably more likely to hurt your chances of getting accepted than help them...

unless the OC manages to get that 2400 :) regular admit rate for top ivies are around 10%. admit rate for 2400 candidates = 25%

SAT 2320

Writing 800 Essay 12

Math 770

CR 750

SAT II:

Physics 800

Math II C 800

Chem 800

unless the OC manages to get that 2400 :) regular admit rate for top ivies are around 10%. admit rate for 2400 candidates = 25%

Most schools use a percentile chart though... Once you've hit 2200 you're already in the 99th percentile. Once you've got such a score you should probably just focus on your essay.

1st time: CR: 590, W: 690, M: 700. T: 1980.

I'm getting my SAT II in 2 days, pretty anxious !!!

I'm going to study intensively for SAT this summer, hopefully I would get 2200+!

Colleges I'm thinking about:

Tufts (1st choice)

Boston College

Harvard

Amherst

Wesleyan

Trinity U

Vassar

Bucknell

Lehigh

PS: Victor L, you are my idol !

Edited by TomnTom

• 5 months later...

SAT I

CR: 720

W: 760

M: 600

Total: 2080

SAT II

US History: 670

Lit: 650

I'm retaking the SAT this weekend to try to get a better math score, but I'm definitely stronger in the English department. I took the SAT II's twice but I have trouble finishing in the 60 minutes... How much impact would you say the subject tests have in the admission process?

I'm applying to UVA, William & Mary, Vanderbilt, UNC Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Georgetown, Tufts, Penn State, JMU, and Virginia Tech. I'm really hoping to get into UVA, do you think my SAT scores are sufficient? Thanks :)!

SAT I

CR: 760

M: 720

W: 690

Total: 2170

SAT II

Chem: 700

Math 2: 710

Disappointed in all of them tbh, but I don't really think I have a chance to get into MIT and the rest of the top league schools in the US I don't really like, thus I'm planning on going to Virginia Tech, and my scores should be fine for that, so I will not be taking it again.