Tips for becoming fluent in Spanish for the IB Exam??

I've taken spanish since 7th grade (and I am in 11th grade now doing the IB Diploma program). I have always had amazing teachers, and I try to practice outside of class with my friends but I am no where near fluent. My grades are good, but I fear that I am not prepared for the test. I have looked into travelling to Spain for a couple weeks to immerse myself in the language... but I have not found a good program. 

I am taking Spanish too. My teacher's tip to me is to watch Spanish speaking TV series on Netflix! She also suggests websites like Telemundo, FluentU and Coffee break Spanish. I would love to travel to Spain as well if I have time but unfortunately I don't think I have. Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Spanish is such a complicated language. I moved to a Spanish speaking country when I was 8, so I really know the language now. I think that the best way is to try to understand the language rather than translate from english to spanish every time you want to say or write something in spanish. There are many ways in which translating directly what you want to say wrong, because the order of the words in spanish is different from the order of the words in english. I would recommend trying to think in spanish. It may seem hard, but it will help you. Of course, when I moved to Uruguay I was only 8, so my brain was still developing and it was not that hard for me to start speaking spanish fluently, and also because all of my friends spoke spanish. I would also recommend Sunsally's idea to watch spanish speaking tv series on netflix, but also english speaking but with spanish subtitles. 

English is my second language, and what really helped me become fluent with the language was looking at memes in english and following celebrities that spoke english. You get familiar with the everyday life english, rather than only the academic part. Hope it helps!