1 month long CAS project

Hi everyone!

I'm quite confused with something our CAS coordinator recently told us about. He said we need to complete a month long project to pass CAS and that it NEEDS to be done during the second year. I've tried searching on google to see if this is actually something that needs to be done or he's just making this up to make us do more CAS hours. But i've found nothing. Did you have to do this?

I hope you can answer with your own experiences

I've got some good news and some bad news:

Bad news: Yes, this is a real thing. It's listed in Managebac as a CAS Project, and you need to incorporate either 1, 2, or all 3 branches of CAS. You also need to have a leadership role in whatever your project is.

Good news: It's honestly not as hard as it sounds. My CAS project was being the captain of my high school swim team, so it was a primarily Action based project with a little Creativity (we got to create some practices and lead meet warm ups). If you're involved in any sports, those are easy CAS projects. Another way some peers of mine did theirs was by starting a club or becoming an officer in a club they were already in. If your school does National Honors Society, that's a good CAS project as well. 

good luck!