Will my schedule get me the Diploma?

newibstudent4321

Hello,

My school had a scheduling mishap in the Beginning of the year (my junior year) and scheduled me for IB art and IB psychology with no science credit. I was just informed of my lack of science credit (I was told psych would count for my science credit originally) so my counselor is redoing my schedule for senior year. She has set it up so my schedule will look like this for my senior year:

IB english, IB math applications, IB psychology, IB spanish, TOK, IB visual arts, IB exercise science 

I will drop HOA after my junior year, and I will take exercise science year 1 instead (I’ll be in a class with the juniors and then test at the end of my senior year)

is this possible? Is taking the exam after only completing year 1 possible to pass? Will psychology count as my history credit? My counselor assures me it is in compliance with earning the diploma, but after this mess I want another opinion.

thanks!!

Have you verified with your IB coordinator or one of your IB teachers? I would check with one of them ASAP, so y'all can find a way to correct your schedule. The IB website says that Psych would be in Group 3 (individuals and societies). Is there an SL you can drop and take a science SL instead of switching HLs? Hope this helps, and good luck!

8 hours ago, Certified_IB_Cultist said:

Have you verified with your IB coordinator or one of your IB teachers? I would check with one of them ASAP, so y'all can find a way to correct your schedule. The IB website says that Psych would be in Group 3 (individuals and societies). Is there an SL you can drop and take a science SL instead of switching HLs? Hope this helps, and good luck!

My IB coordinator is the one who screwed me over lol. I am planning to confirm with the principal tomorrow. I am going to take Art, English and Psych HL so that i can take exercise science SL. So what you are saying is I can manage taking the exam after only competing year 1 of exercise science SL? 

thanks for your advice!