Is my Biology HL IA topic good enough? (help)

ChocolateAndVanilla

Hey!

So my current topic for my Biology HL IA is "How does pH affect the glucose content in milk?" and I'm not sure if it is good enough to get a good grade (7). I wanted to change the pH of milk by the addition of bases and acids and then adding lactase which would break lactose into glucose and galactose. Then I would use glucose test strips to see what the content of glucose in all of the samples is.

Is it good enough? Should I make it more complicated by checking something else? Or should I look for another topic?

All tips and help would be much appreciated! 

I would go with something a little more specific, since the short title is a bit misleading in that it does not disclose the additional lactase portion of the lab. I think it has good potential, but needs elaboration. Maybe something like "The effects of pH on the ability of lactase to break lactose into galactose and glucose".

Usually more than 2 dynamic variables can cause unneeded complications, but with a little tinkering and hard work I think you can achieve a good grade. 

• Like 1