History IA Topic ideas?

kamilly_c

Hey yall so my teacher wants us to have my IA topic decided now so when I actually do my IA, there'll be no problems finding a topic. The problem is I'm struggling to find a topic that fits the criteria (can be debatable, can be written in 2000 words, and is worth writing about). If anyone has any good topic ideas (or any ideas at all), please don't hesitate to share, thank you :)

I'd definitely recommend studying something you're interested in. Find a part of history you really enjoy and narrow it down from there. I really like Ancient History for example and now I'm considering something to do with art history in Ancient Greece or topics like portrayal of beauty and prostitution. 

• 1 month later...

Hey! I would advise choosing a topic that you are interested in, and also that you studied in class. This will help you to study for the external assessment (exams), while doing your IA. For instance, I was studying authoritarian leaders (Hitler, Stalin and Mao), so I decided to analyse those that I struggled the most to understand, so while researching for the IA I would get familiar with it. I decided to compare Stalin's and Mao's five-year plans, as both of them were communist leaders, implying great resemblances between both. My point is, choose something you struggle with (but are interested in) and also that you are studying in class and will need to study for the exams. Good luck!