Urgent Advice Needed for Math Ia

Kayahhh

So a while ago I started my IA on the subject of MC Escher's Tessellations. However I have realized for too late I have run into a horrible snag. I feel as if the mathematics that I am using in my IA are not nearly as complex as they should be for Math SL. Essentially, I decided to use a variety of transformations to illustrate how Tessellations can be created. I then created my own using a series of transformations. (Specially I created a Tessellations with triangles). While my teacher advised and approved of me to do this, I feel I have made an accident and it will cost me gravely in my Mark scheme. Is there a feasible way I can improve this or should I scrap it and do something last minute. Thanks for any advice !

I think the math you are doing is good. My IA involved right angle trigonometry and a simple equation that was new to me, and I got full marks for the use of mathematics (subject to moderation by the IB).

You employed math to illustrate tessellations and created your own using that math. Based on what I see, this seems to be on par with what the IB is looking for.

If you like, you can show me the equations you used and I can take a further look.

Edited by DiviDivi

On 3/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, DiviDivi said:

I think the math you are doing is good. My IA involved right angle trigonometry and a simple equation that was new to me, and I got full marks for the use of mathematics (subject to moderation by the IB).

You employed math to illustrate tessellations and created your own using that math. Based on what I see, this seems to be on par with what the IB is looking for.

If you like, you can show me the equations you used and I can take a further look.

Hi, I am thinking on doing my maths SL IA on modelling rollercoasters, but I am not sure on how to approach this to get good marks in the use of mathematics criterion. Also, I need help on how to make it personally engaging all throughout. Any suggestions?