TOK ESSAY PLAGIARISM. IS MY DIPLOMA GONE?

Arsalaank17

I admit to copying exactly 1 sentence from a website and it is showing on turnitin as well. Only 1 sentence but it was word to word copied. Like not even paraphrased. I did it word to word and didn't even cite it. I know I messed up but now it is submitted. Is my diploma gone?

No, it's not "gone", don't panic. The final trigger to submit it to the IB is done by the IB Coordinator. He/She will probably also see your Turnitin report. Expect that you'll be called in to talk about it. Admit to the mistake and you'll be asked to correct the mistake (add the citation) and then re-upload. That's usually how it works.

9 hours ago, tokQuestions_com said:

No, it's not "gone", don't panic. The final trigger to submit it to the IB is done by the IB Coordinator. He/She will probably also see your Turnitin report. Expect that you'll be called in to talk about it. Admit to the mistake and you'll be asked to correct the mistake (add the citation) and then re-upload. That's usually how it works.

The problem is that the deadline is over. My school is closed till 31st march. The deadline was 15th march. Do you think that I will be allowed to upload on 1st april?

5 hours ago, Arsalaank17 said:

The problem is that the deadline is over. My school is closed till 31st march. The deadline was 15th march. Do you think that I will be allowed to upload on 1st april?

If you have a huge concern, contact your IB Coordinator. It might be that your IB Coordinator saw the TurnItIn report and decided that it's alright as it is despite the one line missing citation. 

On 3/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, Arsalaank17 said:

I admit to copying exactly 1 sentence from a website and it is showing on turnitin as well. Only 1 sentence but it was word to word copied. Like not even paraphrased. I did it word to word and didn't even cite it. I know I messed up but now it is submitted. Is my diploma gone?

You'll be fine, sometimes the sentence was perfectly stated based on what you were trying to put across, sometimes paraphrasing makes the sentences wonky and I think you will be fine, just worry about the coronavirus right now!

• 10 months later...
On 3/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, Arsalaank17 said:

Hi, I wanted to ask how this worked out for you? I did not plagarise but have a sentence that is awfully similar to one online.

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2020 at 3:38 AM, tokQuestions_com said:

I have a similar problem. But for me its little bit different. I was looking on the website paperpass.net how much of similarity or plagmarism i have and its says 19% but all the sentences mark as similar and not really similar. Is that bad? Should i change it again. Because its all my words