Tok question help

DaniRogers

Hello can anyone let me know if this would be a suitable question for TOK presentation? "To what extent are doctors responsible for patients becoming dependent on their Prescription medication?" I was thinking emotion, reason and natural sciences for WOK. And using Ant McPartlin as a RLS.

Or maybe "to what extent does social media influence the way we exercise?" I think many WOK would apply here.

I am so confused by the whole TOK presentation and worrying about so much.

Once I get a question I am sure I will be ok, just really appreciate any help. I have no teacher as I am in lock down! Thank you all

On 3/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, DaniRogers said:

I have re thought and may do "to what extent does sense of perception and language alter our beliefs" and use the promotion of smoking being good for you years ago or drs prescribing medication that you get addicted to?

What do you think ? Thanks

Yes, that's definitely on the right track. For sense perception, you could discuss how cigarettes were made appealing through the way they looked, smelled, etc. Perhaps also how the advertisements looked. You'd have to combine other WOKs, for example emotions, as rarely does sense perception function alone.

Language is another good one, especially the sub-WOK of "authority" which is part of language. That's extremely relevant due in relation to doctors as we consider doctors knowledgeable and we trust their authority. 

Good luck!

12 hours ago, tokQuestions_com said:

Yes, that's definitely on the right track. For sense perception, you could discuss how cigarettes were made appealing through the way they looked, smelled, etc. Perhaps also how the advertisements looked. You'd have to combine other WOKs, for example emotions, as rarely does sense perception function alone.

Language is another good one, especially the sub-WOK of "authority" which is part of language. That's extremely relevant due in relation to doctors as we consider doctors knowledgeable and we trust their authority. 

Good luck!

Thank you its actually the counter claims that I am struggling to come up with as they are hard to decide what they should be. I have claims that all agree with my idea but none that disagree.