Should I take Visual Arts HL?

Margherita

Hi everyone, I need help!!

I need to take an art at high level, but I'm very bad bot at theatre bot music so I was thinking about taking visual arts. However, I'm not very good at drawing, if I have time and strive I can maybe draw good (but of course not perfectly). I was wondering if someone could give me some advice and tell me how good do you need to be to take visual art HL.

Thank youuuu

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 10:18 AM, Margherita said:

Hi everyone, I need help!!

I need to take an art at high level, but I'm very bad bot at theatre bot music so I was thinking about taking visual arts. However, I'm not very good at drawing, if I have time and strive I can maybe draw good (but of course not perfectly). I was wondering if someone could give me some advice and tell me how good do you need to be to take visual art HL.

Thank youuuu

Well it has been a couple months since you posted this so it's likely you've already made your decision by now.  HL Visual Arts is a really great course and you don't need to be good at drawing to do well.  IB focuses a lot on your artistic process and the ways in which you improve over the course of two years.  Also, you don't have to draw if you don't want to, you can experiment with photography, watercolor, painting, installation, sculpture, etc.  I'm even doing glass blowing for part of my Art portfolio so I think you would do just fine in the course.