Stuck on EE

Pol_Recasens

So in about a month I have to finalise my RQ, and my supervisor insists on before picking a topic to find 2 contrasting research papers. he says that without 2 conflicting research papers the highest grade I can get is a C. I am really stuck and cannot think of anything. I must have spent 7 hours just researching for a topic. I would like to know if any of you guys have any ideas. The topic which I am interested in is mechanics in general, electricity is a possibility as well. It doesn't have to be a topic which has 2 conflicting theories, it could also just be a good idea, and i'll do the research for the research papers after that.

Thank You

Edited by Pol_Recasens

On 4/9/2020 at 1:18 PM, MountEETOKIA said:

The reason why your teacher wants you to have 2 conflicting research papers, is because this will make your evaluation component really stand out. You would mention that 1 research paper agrees with your hypothesis, while the other doesn't, and then subsequently explain the reasons behind them, and them come to a weighed conclusion.

I didn't do Physics at the IB, so I can't help you exactly with finding a valid RQ for your Physics EE.

However, I do happen to have some high-scoring student written samples of Physics IAs.

If you want some ideas/inspiration/reference from these Physics IAs, you can check them out here.

Cheers! Let me know if I helped.

Yes this actually helps a bit to get my ideas, I can also see what i should do and how to organise my ideas. Thank You