IB Courses and After Diploma! help!!!!

fiaxxx888

I'm starting the IBDP next school year and I just submitted my final courses for IB. I chose HL - psych, bio and french b, and SL - math aa, english and chem. Initially when I picked these courses, I was planning on doing Zoology in uni, but now I'm a bit more hesitant on doing Zoology. What major/degree can I get in uni with these IB courses? And what do you think of these courses? (aka what are the stress levels like for these classes). Thank you very much! 

• Like 1

Instead of letting your courses decide your major, let your major decide your courses. If you are drawn to a certain area of study, then you should try to choose lots of courses in that discipline. If you're not sure about what you'd like to do, then I'd say you already have a nicely balanced variety of disciplines. If you still want to do HL bio, I've heard that it's a lot of memorization.

I'm not yet taking the diploma, but I've talked to several people with these classes and done tons of research. I think instead of choosing subjects that are 'easy', or are targeted directly towards one major, you should pick a healthy combination of classes that are interesting to you, and will get you the credits to study a subject of your choice once you go to uni. Your subject choice seems pretty balanced, although you may want to reconsider taking two sciences. If science is something that you're really interested in, I think your subject choice looks great and will be sufficient for any uni. If you're looking to work in a STEM/ engineering field, I would recommend taking HL Math. Hope this helps! :)))