UMAT Preparation Courses

Chelleee

hey there,
i'm planning to register for the UMAT (Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences Admission Test) this year,
there are so many prep. courses available all claiming to have "top-quality products - exam papers, questions etc" as well as "extensive preparation" for UMAT.
however, as far as i can tell, a lot these are pretty much scams which end up with a loss of $500+ (approx.) in the enrolling fees.
therefore, i would like to hear your feedback on some of the preparation courses offered as well as recommendations.
note: i live in brisbane (QLD), it is possible for me to attend courses in the gold coast however brisbane is preferred (consider the driving time!)
anyway,
any course recommendation is fine. i just want to know that my parents are getting value for money.
please list the course/s that you have attended, why you recommend/oppose the course and also how much it cost (a price band is also fine)
thank you so much!
all feedback is much appreciated :ashika:

[quote name='Forester' post='36647' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:58 AM']My friends all wanted to do medicine so all took UMAT. None of them prepared for it? Apparently it's just like an IQ test and if you are lucky you can get into the 100 percentile?[/quote]

thanks for the reply!
and hmm, my take on it was that you take prep. courses or fail >_____________>;
who knows, maybe its necessary maybe not. but i would like to find out the question styles etc.
*shrugs
thanks anyway ^^

• 1 year later...

I've heard that medentry is the most reliable - my school suggests that one. From what I've heard, yes it is an 'apitiude' test but you can improve your score. Especially because me, I know I'm not like in the 98th percentile, or a mensa standard (who is?!) And UMAT is extremely important. My friend got rejected from UNSW because of her lower UMAT score (She got 43 in IB)
I know people from my school who used medentry, not sure which package but they said it helped their interview and their score (They ended up with 90+) but I mean they are really smart to start with haha.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...