change of language

which one?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. which would be the right choice?

• continue with spanish b
    • take french ab initio

well, ab initio is easier so if you want to have a subject that you don't need to study for a lot, then probably ab initio will be better (unless you are at a very high level of spanish), it also depends if you need any of these languages for uni/in the future, are willing to learn a new language from scratch for the diploma (it might be actually easier if you're good at spanish than choosing a completely new language) and possibly choosing language b might seem a bit more competitive than choosing ab initio

2 hours ago, ChocolateAndVanilla said:

well, ab initio is easier so if you want to have a subject that you don't need to study for a lot, then probably ab initio will be better (unless you are at a very high level of spanish), it also depends if you need any of these languages for uni/in the future, are willing to learn a new language from scratch for the diploma (it might be actually easier if you're good at spanish than choosing a completely new language) and possibly choosing language b might seem a bit more competitive than choosing ab initio

thank u! but would u also know if it will be a problem if I took French in junior classes like 6th and 7th? could I still take French ab initio? and if it is a possibility then I might actually still remember a little so then It would be easier to study French then being COMPLETELY new to it?

I would recommend you to do French ab initio since you already have experiences in this language.

Reading books helps you a lot, it builds up the vocabularies and the sentence structures. Practicing it in this way makes you progress so much so try it during the vacation. 

However, please check the ib past papers to see which language is suited to you: 

French ab initio - https://mega.nz/folder/3d520AoL#j4nqSbXv0hnO_Q2qMXuLeQ/folder/mVxS2KKT

Spanish B SL - https://mega.nz/folder/3d520AoL#j4nqSbXv0hnO_Q2qMXuLeQ/folder/qF4wUS5R

Best wishes

Edited by sarahaction
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sarahaction said:

I would recommend you to do French ab initio since you already have experiences in this language.

Reading books helps you a lot, it builds up the vocabularies and the sentence structures. Practicing it in this way makes you progress so much so try it during the vacation. 

However, please check the ib past papers to see which language is suited to you: 

French ab initio - https://mega.nz/folder/3d520AoL#j4nqSbXv0hnO_Q2qMXuLeQ/folder/mVxS2KKT

Spanish B SL - https://mega.nz/folder/3d520AoL#j4nqSbXv0hnO_Q2qMXuLeQ/folder/qF4wUS5R

Best wishes

thank u ;)

21 hours ago, aashmika27 said:

thank u! but would u also know if it will be a problem if I took French in junior classes like 6th and 7th? could I still take French ab initio? and if it is a possibility then I might actually still remember a little so then It would be easier to study French then being COMPLETELY new to it?

sure! if you already know the basics of French, it will be quite easy since ab initio is really starting from scratch, in that case, go for French ab initio, you'll have oone fewer subject to work hard for ;)

On 7/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, ChocolateAndVanilla said:

sure! if you already know the basics of French, it will be quite easy since ab initio is really starting from scratch, in that case, go for French ab initio, you'll have oone fewer subject to work hard for ;)

thanks