HL History IA Topic

baldstick

Heyy!

My history teacher has randomly gone off the radar over summer, so I'm here looking for advice on my IA topic (HL) :) At the moment my inquiry question is "To what extent did the assassination of Indira Gandhi repair the relationship between Sikhs and Hindus?" I came to this as I thought arguing that it repaired the relationship would be an interesting and "controversial" stance to take considering the riots and social divide that shortly followed. Anyways, how's the topic? Is the premise narrow enough or do I need to be more specific and include "repair the relationship as a long term consequence" or something along those lines? Does the wording need tweaking?

Much thanks <3

Edited by baldstick

On 7/26/2020 at 4:56 PM, baldstick said:

Heyy!

My history teacher has randomly gone off the radar over summer, so I'm here looking for advice on my IA topic (HL) :) At the moment my inquiry question is "To what extent did the assassination of Indira Gandhi repair the relationship between Sikhs and Hindus?" I came to this as I thought arguing that it repaired the relationship would be an interesting and "controversial" stance to take considering the riots and social divide that shortly followed. Anyways, how's the topic? Is the premise narrow enough or do I need to be more specific and include "repair the relationship as a long term consequence" or something along those lines? Does the wording need tweaking?

Much thanks <3

Your question sounds good right now.  You might need to get a little more specific but my advice is to do all your research and tweak your RQ as you go.  I think you have a strong starting question though, just don't be afraid to alter your stance along the way. 🙂