Engineering in the US

Thomas

from what i have heard and researched, if you just do SAT reasoning...it's good enough...not a lot of univs ask for sat subject specific, but you might do those as well since they would be easier to do...(btw i did only subject specific so far for math level 1, math level 2, and physics)...but just to give you a friendly tip, if you can get into some well known university in US, then i'd recommend going to the US, however, if you just get into a normal university, i don't know if its worth paying the international tuition fees for undergrad...i'd rather suggest you to do undergrad from wherever you live (norway rite?) and then for MASTERS go to US...coz at the end of the day, ppl usually care more abt where u did you masters from rather than undergrad...at least that's what i have come to see so far

• 2 months later...

This is depending on the university that you are entering. As far as I concern, most of them doesn't really take it into account as long as you score a "considerably high" in SAT. However, you are not likely to get a transfer credit in most of them. As for top university, such as Harvard, Yale, MIT, they "do" consider it although you score a good level in SAT. They take you more seriously in an admission state. So basicly, you can do engineering in US but you won't receive any credit in uni as they only look at your Higher Level subjects.

Good luck with your choices of university. I hope to get into MIT one day LOL after I work my *** off in IB next two years. :lol:

1.) Are SAT I or SAT II scores more important.......can u get into MIT etc etc if u like have a SAT score of like 2000 for your first time or should i take it again and try to improve it?

2.) Do universities average your SAT scores or can u choose to show your best score <_<

3.) What are scholarships based upon.....SAT? and do all foreign students have to take TOEFL or can we be excused as we are taking English A1 HL in the IB.....

4.) I have also heard that universities ask for different types of SAT II subject tests.......is it required to take the SAT II writing or can I be okay if i just take phy, chem and math level II?

thnx....

if you can get into some well known university in US, then i'd recommend going to the US, however, if you just get into a normal university, i don't know if its worth paying the international tuition fees for undergrad...i'd rather suggest you to do undergrad from wherever you live (norway rite?) and then for MASTERS go to US...coz at the end of the day, ppl usually care more abt where u did you masters from rather than undergrad...at least that's what i have come to see so far

I agree......a person's future is better if they like do MBA etc from good universities (most of which are in US)