Late nights or Early Mornings :)

Lozza_55

• 2 weeks later...

i go to sleep at like 12 or 1 o clock on days even when i have so little work, when i do stay up for homework i stay up late or dont sleep at all

cant seem to wake up in the morning very easily

but then again i'm not doing so well in my classes either, getting C+, B, B+, C 's

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally work better late at night. When it wasn't vacation, I used to sleep right away after coming home from school, then stay up till 2am. However, during finals and midterms, I usually make myself sleep at 11pm and wake up at 5. I think that if you are trying to memorize something for a test, wake up early in the morning to do it. The memory will be fresher compared to late nights.

In the mornings...i am completely exhausted when i get home from school and still have to do sooo many things, in the mornings im much more concentrated.

Although it really depends on the subject...maths definitely at night,biology in the mornings.

In the mornings...i am completely exhausted when i get home from school and still have to do sooo many things, in the mornings im much more concentrated.

Although it really depends on the subject...maths definitely at night,biology in the mornings.

I agree. It's easier to concentrate when you've slept. At nights everything is just spinning in my head and I can't think clearly and do stupid mistakes which cost points.

This really would only come up in an IB forum.

I go to boarding school, and our computers are shut off automatically at 12. So I never go to bed before 12 anyway. If my work isn't done by this point, I get up at around 5, depending on amount of work. Am up most mornings at 6-6.30 anyway, as I have no time in the day to work.

I've become rather dependent on ProPlus, as I hate coffee.

If I fail IB I will cry :P

I deffinatly prefer to wake up early in the morning , even though most of the times I just stay up until late to finish my work as I want to go to bed calm , thinking I have finished everything for the next day.

But i truly believe that waking up early in the morning can help you concentrate much easier than at night.

I prefer late nights only because time is on your side at that point. Especially for unfamiliar assignments, it's hard to know how long something will take you so if you end up waking up at 4AM and you leave at 7AM and you run out of time, your options become extremely limited. However, the advantage is that once you get into deep sleep for a couple or a few hours, you wake up so much more efficient. But I hate it when you just cannot wake up in the morning and then you end up sleeping in later than your planned wake-up time and then not only are you in an FML mood, you are also left with the same limited options.

In short, I like early mornings in terms of efficiency but if it's a larger assignment or a test/exam, I'll generally stick with late nights because of the security (just my personal opinion, of course).