econ. commentary #4

[quote name='Hedron123' post='37688' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:22 PM']Generally commentary #4 is based on Development Economics as it's the last topic of the syllabus and the commentaries are written along the course. I'm not saying that it HAS to be related to Development Economics but in my case it is.[/quote]

Can u please tell me what kinds of things one should be looking for in a Developmetal Economics article?

Articles about economic growth/development (where you can compare the two), aid (tied/multilateral/bilateral aid), and the poverty cycle are a few areas that you can look for. It shouldn't be hard to find an article on aid or development, seeing as there's thousands of NGO's that are involved in projects worldwide.

[quote name='purple' post='37680' date='Feb 22 2009, 02:46 AM'][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It's just like all of the other commentaries - just don't do it in the same Section as the other commentaries you did. [/font][/quote]
That's incorrect. Three of the commentaries must be from different sections of the syllabus. The fourth one can be a cross-sectional (ha ha) one (e.g. Micro+Macro) or just on any of the sections.
For example, my portfolio could consist of:
Micro, Macro, Macro, International
or
Micro, Macro, International, Development
or
Macro, International, Development, Micro+International

[quote name='deissi' post='38272' date='Feb 26 2009, 03:40 PM']That's incorrect. Three of the commentaries must be from different sections of the syllabus. The fourth one can be a cross-sectional (ha ha) one (e.g. Micro+Macro) or just on any of the sections.
For example, my portfolio could consist of:
Micro, Macro, Macro, International
or
Micro, Macro, International, Development
or
Macro, International, Development, Micro+International[/quote]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Wow, I didn't know that. Our teacher just told us that all of the commentaries had to be from different sections. But I already turned mine in, so I guess it doesn't matter for me. =] Thanks (I learn something new every day!)[/font]

• 1 month later...

You should do a commentary on the following topics. They are the best and easiest to find articles for:

Micro-
Minimum price eg wages, Maximum prices
Market failure eg tax on cigarettes is the best one or negative externality of consumption: type of tax, why its put, effectiveness, other alterantives, weakness and effect of stake holders.

Macro:
Inflation and interest rates
Recession and monetary policy fiscal policy
government budgets
Demand deficient unemployment

Trade:
Protectionism: tariffs and quotas are the best