Do not discuss exams until 24 hours have passed. More information about the rules here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eblake

UCL Applicants

30 posts in this topic

Hi there,

For those of you who have already heard back from UCL, approximately how long after your application did you receive a response?

Thanks in advance.

I submitted my application in early December and I got a reply at the beginning of February. They tend to take a long time.

Mine was 1 month too (:

Applied in October, heard back in November.

Good luck!

Applied in October as well (for Computer Science) but still haven't heard from them.

Edited by Jirashimosu

Received an application update yesterday from UCL. It was saying that the CS admissions tutor has reviewed my application and will now communicate the faculty tutor because he is the one making the decisions for offers and rejections. Also, something that may interest you, the mail mentioned that all recommendations will be processed before the end of March so we should all have an answer by then :)

Was rejected in November.

How long after you had sent your applications? It's been 3 months since I sent mine and still haven't got an answer!

How long after you had sent your applications? It's been 3 months since I sent mine and still haven't got an answer!

About a month and a half. It's because I received a low score on my BMAT, well actually an average score, so I didn't make the cut. For you they'd be processing your application. Think, no news is good news.

I applied end of November.

I'm pretty sure there's like tumbleweeds on my Track page at the moment.

Nothing happening.

Where else did you guys apply to and have you been successful?

Nothing happening.

I applied for CS (computer science - G400) at Imperial (interview on March 2nd), UCL (acknowledged and received an application update), Warwick (offer with 38 overall and 6 Maths HL), Edinburgh (acknowledged) and Glasgow (offer with an overall of 32). How about you? Where did you apply? Any news yet?

Applied October for English, got the written interview thing in January. Not handed it in yet.

Applied early november.. for Electronic engineering and Computer Science... got An offer today ! :-)

Nothing happening.

I applied for CS (computer science - G400) at Imperial (interview on March 2nd), UCL (acknowledged and received an application update), Warwick (offer with 38 overall and 6 Maths HL), Edinburgh (acknowledged) and Glasgow (offer with an overall of 32). How about you? Where did you apply? Any news yet?

Congrats on your UCL acceptance! So that's definitely going to be your firm choice I'm guessing?

I applied for Law and have two offers Bristol (35, 18 points across HL) and Leeds (32, 6 HL English)...still only acknowledged at UCL, Kings, Nottingham.

Sorry to resurrect an old threat, but I was wondering if I should be worried that I've not heard back from UCL? I applied in January before the deadline obviously (I know it was late but I didn't want to go to university this year until they announced the uni fees...). I've not heard back from them (nor Kings) and I'm beginning to worry! I applied for German and History. Is it likely they'll still give me an offer or are they likely to make me wait and reject me?

Sorry to resurrect an old threat, but I was wondering if I should be worried that I've not heard back from UCL? I applied in January before the deadline obviously (I know it was late but I didn't want to go to university this year until they announced the uni fees...). I've not heard back from them (nor Kings) and I'm beginning to worry! I applied for German and History. Is it likely they'll still give me an offer or are they likely to make me wait and reject me?

From what I know, when it comes to UCL no news is good news and I believe that they have started giving out rejection some weeks ago so either they are seriously considering your application or you are on the offers list which they have left for last :)

Got an offer two weeks ago or so (englit). What did you apply for?

I applied for history and german combined honours. I think the entry requirement is 33-35, whilst I am predicted 38/9. Although there's only a small number of places (around 10) so I'm hoping no news is good news. I think the fact I finish school next thursday is worrying when I don't have the offer I really want!!

Resurrecting an old thread here :P I applied in November, I think, and they asked for my predicted grades in January which my teacher gave straight away. I still haven't got my answer and I am worried because I was accepted to all my other universities by January. Is it possible that they are not answering because I am going to be rejected? I am battling between cancelling the application and answering the other universities, or just waiting for an answer.

And while I'm on the subject. IF I am rejected by UCL, should I choose York or Edinburgh for Psychology BSc?