What are your CAS activities

Guest cl0ckw0rk0range

• 2 weeks later...

My school has terrible CAS opportunities but luckily I am always having to do something with my cricket whether it is coaching, sitting courses or playing. Unfortunately, the thing that got me was the fact you can only put a max of 25 hours for each activity. :c This meant that even though I could do HUNDREDS of hours with it, I could only record '25'. I completed it and all last year with other activities and such but I also added driving lessons. I didn't know, initially, that you could add these - just in case you also didnt know. Good luck!

how will the IB know if i complete my CAS 150 hours

like if i completed them will they check for evidence or contact my supervisors

plz PM me

You must simply keep on checking you ManageBac site (: (or whichver site you guys use for CAS) - I simply logged on one day and say a green bar indicating that my CAS hours had been completed. LOVELY feeling to just get another part of the IB out of your mind (:

As Creativity, I have French lessons, it's 3 hours a week so I should be done with it by the end of semester :D I also took part in European Youth Parliament conference which got me 24 hours of Creativity, and I'll probably go to at least one more this year.

As Service, I tutor a 4th grader which has problems with Polish after living in a foreign country for most of his life. I also helped a foundation raise funds (it was something like Make-A-Wish), I'm also going to help other foundation, a huge national one, that every year raises funds for different branch of pediatric medicine, and write letters in a 24h letter writing marathon organised by Amnesty International at my school.

I have problems with Action, though. I'm not a very active person, unfortunately, so I'm putting off starting doing something as long as I possibly can. I think I'll start going to the gym soon, though. It's the high time I started doing something. :D

My school has terrible CAS opportunities but luckily I am always having to do something with my cricket whether it is coaching, sitting courses or playing. Unfortunately, the thing that got me was the fact you can only put a max of 25 hours for each activity. :c This meant that even though I could do HUNDREDS of hours with it, I could only record '25'. I completed it and all last year with other activities and such but I also added driving lessons. I didn't know, initially, that you could add these - just in case you also didnt know. Good luck!

how will the IB know if i complete my CAS 150 hours

like if i completed them will they check for evidence or contact my supervisors

plz PM me

You must simply keep on checking you ManageBac site (: (or whichver site you guys use for CAS) - I simply logged on one day and say a green bar indicating that my CAS hours had been completed. LOVELY feeling to just get another part of the IB out of your mind (:

Is this correct that you're only allowed a max. of 25 hours per activity?

For creativity: Playing violin, Photography and School stuff

For action: Latin dancing, Windsurfing and Cycling

For service: Hearing Impaired School, Animal Shelter, Teaching kids "stuff", Volunteering at school events&activities.

I'm almost done with my CAS and CAS is definitely not the joy of the IB. Im sick of CAS reflections.

For creativity: Playing violin, Photography and School stuff

For action: Latin dancing, Windsurfing and Cycling

For service: Hearing Impaired School, Animal Shelter, Teaching kids "stuff", Volunteering at school events&activities.

I'm almost done with my CAS and CAS is definitely not the joy of the IB. Im sick of CAS reflections.

What do you mean by "school stuff" ? Is it just my school, or can CAS not be based at school or doing something to help your family at home? :/

• 2 weeks later...

Creative: cooking clubs, art clubs, dance and drama after school clubs

Active: our school offers loads of sports such as tennis, football and netball

Service: We can help nearby primary schools during our frees, which was suggested by some IBers last year

and it's a really good idea! Also, our school is associated with the local YMCA, which is useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, my school was just made an IB school this past fall. We don't have anything set up yet since we are the first to be going through the programme. Although, I have seen quite a few amazing ideas to suggest to the CAS coordinators.

Mainly what I have been doing has been on my own. I coached a volleyball team for a season, am a member of my youth group's "CORE" team, which means we plan out the activities for the younger kids Sunday night. I also ref football *soccer* and I help coach the keepers since I am one myself. I also plan to me a member of my school's yearbook committee and grad council. I hope this all adds up to enough hours! For the most part, I have come to the conclusion it's not near as hard as some people make it out to be. I'd say history HL is much, MUCH harder!

Guest I Think I'm Cool

Wow, my school was just made an IB school this past fall. We don't have anything set up yet since we are the first to be going through the programme. Although, I have seen quite a few amazing ideas to suggest to the CAS coordinators.

Mainly what I have been doing has been on my own. I coached a volleyball team for a season, am a member of my youth group's "CORE" team, which means we plan out the activities for the younger kids Sunday night. I also ref football *soccer* and I help coach the keepers since I am one myself. I also plan to me a member of my school's yearbook committee and grad council. I hope this all adds up to enough hours! For the most part, I have come to the conclusion it's not near as hard as some people make it out to be. I'd say history HL is much, MUCH harder!

That must be really bad to be a new school to the IB :/ but uhm, yeah it seems that it should make up to 150h of CAS :D still, I'd advise you to do more than just 150. It would be good if you did like 200. Personally, I've been taking part in so many projects that I've lost count, I need to remember it all again haha

Oh and yes, it's one of the easiest parts of the IB lol

still, if you need any help with the IB you can always ask here :)

• 3 weeks later...

Creativity: Piano, Planning School Dances and other events

Service: Serving dinner for the homeless, Chapter President for Best Buddies(helps intergrate children with intellectual disabilities into school pop)

Action: Track and FIeld, Mini tournaments with Best Buddies Participants.

• 2 weeks later...