What are your CAS activities

Guest cl0ckw0rk0range

My CAS Activities:

1. Organized a TEDx event myself (TEDxSabarmati)
  2. Organized a Walkathon that was attended by 500 people from the town and the event was covered by many local newspapers
  3. Organized a Civic sense drive of 3 days with 40 young volunteer under me and my team
  4. Was a seminar and workshop head at the International Film Festival Ahmedabad
  5. Was a Speaker and Mentor to a TEDx event (TEDxSinhagad)
  6. Attended an Ecole MUN (Mumbai Dec'10) as a delegate
  7. Was a member of the press corps at Harvard MUN India
  8. Taught Basic Photography and using a DSLR to a group of enthusiasts
  9. Went for photography walks with a group of photographers (one sunday every 2 months)
  10. Donated some of my photographs to the Dream Tee project
  11. Also Making a movie for my school's Carnival! :)

Hope it helps,

A.

Edited by Aastha

At my school, there is no longer a time slot for each of our cas activities (like the 150hrs requirement). Now we have to maintain our activities throughout the IB program (so from gr.11 - gr.12)

Weird huh? maybe because my school is some random french, catholic school haha :lol:

Cas Activities:

Creativity: Dance. (Street dance so stuff like: Popping, Hip Hop, House, Jazz Funk)

Action: I go to the gym, so guess that counts. Soccer and Swimming (sometimes, trying to keep that)

Service: Vounteer at this organisation called Yonge Street Mission

• 2 weeks later...

Most of what I've done for CAS I've organized myself, not through my school. I've tried to extend anything I enjoy doing in such a was as to be able to apply it to CAS, I find it's easier to get motivated for something that i already enjoy doing and that I'm reasonably good at :P

Creativity:

• I'm currently building a website for my school (www.icardacas.com), which, when finished, will show case articles and photos of people's CAS experiences, as well as CAS testimonials from former students.
  • I'm big on music, so I'm using every concert we'd played and anything we'd recorded as separate CAS activities. The hours really stack up here ^^
  • I'll be taking over the lunch time chess club with a friend of mine, when the seniors leave next year ;)

Action:

• I signed up for a tall ships race from Sweden to Norway, which gave me WAAAAAAY more than 20 hours, but I didn't originally do it for the CAS :P
  • I started training again recently and I plan on joining the track team next year. Sweetness.

Service:

The only service hours I have so far are in school. I'm currently living in Aleppo, it's a little difficult to get service hours, what with all the crap that's going down here --"

• I was stage manager for our Winter Assembly/Talent Show.
  • Helped packaged "Christmas Stockings" to be given out the day we all went of for winter break.
  • Help turn the school into a "Haunted House" for Halloween as well as being a "Monster" in one of the rooms. T'was lulzy.

There's quite a lot on there... Now I have to write reflections for them all... ********...

For service, my school organized this thing where we'd send people out to certain NPOs or NGOs to help out. I got assigned to an NPO that helps blind people become "literate" aka read braile, etc. I also am part of a committee that organizes drives for my school. I also used to be part of the Red Cross Youth Council in my school, but quit midway through the year.

For action, I just have PE class. LOL

My creativity, on the other hand, is just completely overloaded. I have my debate stuff, had glee club this year and am part of a band (I named my bandmate's mom as the moderator LOL). Less than a year, over 200 hours of Creativity already.. Gonna free it up a bit next year haha :D

• 2 weeks later...

omg! Some of you guys Have great opportunity to Have real can activities! Thats Really nice.

For action ABD creativity i often attend photography club and for the service i'm providing School photography for events.

Also Have a fasinin blog which is count as service and creativity. But lately we are alarmda by kony 2012 we're planning a event in 20 aPril in İstanbul - Türkiye.

Let's see... My school allows incoming juniors to get some of their hours during the summer before IB starts so... I went to Argentina with a group from my school and we did A LOT of community service, easily more than required at my school (50 hours). It also gave us some creativity and action hours. In addition to that, I'm on my school's dance team, which gives us action AND creativity hours. I'm also part of yearbook, china club, Chinese national honor society, and astronomy club.

• 3 weeks later...

Umm, as service I help in: soup kitchen, the center for social welfare and problematic children, the hospital, the kindergarten for disabled children, student council

As creativity: guitar, descriptive geometry, singing, acting, piano, English, German, Italian, Russian

And as action I have: karate, ultimate fight and running

:D

Creativity: Spanish Club, Interact Club, Model United Nations, Drama

Action: Soccer ,Swimming

Service: Tutoring

I've also done other short term projects as well like campaigns and so on. I used to do Zumba and help out at a school for special needs children but I stopped because I wanted to try something new in the Action area and the school didn't need my help anymore :]

Edited by Edwina Wong

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just doing easy things, like play soccer, run the school's sport association etc.

I'm planning on learning the harmonica for creativity this fall :)

The easiest way to do CAS is to take the things you already do first, so you've gotten through most of your hours and then you can do things that you think will enhance your personality!